• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Can always keep our fingers crossed for some first-day trolling like the last day of last season. Was hilarious watching all the vloggers elbowing and clawing their way past each other to film the two actors who didn’t have a clue what was going on

This new queue layout is just a way of directing the vloggers back to the car park. The rest of us get in the original queue. :tongueclosed:

Weather probably hasn't been the best for doing fiberglass theming and paint work
And we have potentially got snow this week too. All brings back memories of Oblivion, ERT starting when it should have ended, block pavers still using "whackers" to put in the sand as guests were running into X-Sector. Queueline flower beds full of abandoned building materials. Fast forward 4 years and exactly the same on Air.

They learnt their lesson with Rita & were not hell-bent on a first day of season opening - they opened the ride when it was actually ready. Let's see how history repeats itself in a "Reborn" form!

I've actually booked myself for a April visit for the start of the month, not on opening week ofc, just hopefully it'll be ready by then but I agree it is rather tight for even April admittedly.

And we have potentially got snow this week too. All brings back memories of Oblivion, ERT starting when it should have ended, block pavers still using "whackers" to put in the sand as guests were running into X-Sector. Queueline flower beds full of abandoned building materials. Fast forward 4 years and exactly the same on Air.

They learnt their lesson with Rita & were not hell-bent on a first day of season opening - they opened the ride when it was actually ready. Let's see how history repeats itself in a "Reborn" form!
I think the fact that the opening has not been confirmed to be on the start of the season yet is a ghood indicator that it is not going to happen. I would expect them to advertise this if it were guaranteed to happen so as to get tickets sold.
I have booked my pass holder allocation, but if Nemesis isn't going to be open, based on last years first day of the season, I will be cancelling it if Nemesis isn't open.
It really looks like it might not be, yet. I still remember the fiasco of The Smiler being promised, not even for the start of the season, but late April/May, and it sill got delayed!

I think the fact that the opening has not been confirmed to be on the start of the season yet is a ghood indicator that it is not going to happen. I would expect them to advertise this if it were guaranteed to happen so as to get tickets sold.
I have booked my pass holder allocation, but if Nemesis isn't going to be open, based on last years first day of the season, I will be cancelling it if Nemesis isn't open.
It really looks like it might not be, yet. I still remember the fiasco of The Smiler being promised, not even for the start of the season, but late April/May, and it sill got delayed!
TBF with Smiler, there were a range of issues before a support had gone in being that the ground wasn't as secure as they first thought which caused delays and the bad weather we had during 2012 didn't help matters either.

Had they tested the groundworks of the site eailer rather than go gun ho with building then they might have at least they would have known they were not going to make opening day and would have announced a May opening as if always planned.

I suspect the actual coaster part of Nemesis and all its electrical parts are all complete and its purely just cosmetic stuff to finish off with the scaffolding round the station likely preventing testing to begin. Then again who know, maybe this time next week that the scaffolding will all come down and the new front of the beast is revealed.

It also strikes me this project seems to be rather behind schedule. Time will tell though. They have about 8 weeks to go to turn a building site into a fully themed ride experience.
I think the 9 storms we've had this autumn/winter hasn't helped, also add the fact that the met office has predicted low temperatures and snow heading to the UK this coming week, I don't blame them for being behind schedule! But it wouldn't surprise me if they pull their resources and focus them on Nemmy depending on how far behind they are, if at all.

Don't forget those drone shots are from over 2 weeks ago (they were in TPWW's 30th Dec video) so unless there's footage going around that I've missed still showing the scaffolding up then for all we know, it could all been taken down by now. And TPWW was quite confident in his Nemesis video last week that testing will start in the next week or so.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.