• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Looks like we're getting an actual segment on Midlands Today, not just showing that clip we saw on Twitter as an 'And finally...' piece.

Blimey between a predator priest, another predator who was blackmailing women online and a psychiatric ward having staff sleep on the job it seems that Nemesis testing is the only good news in the region.

Last edited:
1705689016739.png
Intrigued by whatever is sitting next to the Nemesis archway here! (Edit: though now I look at it again, it's possibly just a piece of construction equipment)

It also looks like the old Nemesis Nosh site has been cleared of the Forbidden Racers.
Yeah that looks like a cherry picker to me.

I think if they're agreeing for Nemesis Reborn to appear on the BBC in January, they must be fairly confident it'll be open for the start of the season.
Didn’t really get my hopes up when they mentioned it opening ‘later this year’

Then again, March is still 2 months away so ‘later’ probably isn’t too far off

You've only heard 30 seconds of it.
30 seconds is a perfectly acceptable snippet by which to make a full judgement on the quality of composition of a previously 10+ minute sound track!

Seriously though, this is so exciting.
I haven't been this excited since the first time I visited Towers to actually see Nemesis.
I really don't mind if I have to use the extended queue line, if it takes us up past the stall turn, as for as long as I have been going that area has been out of use and overgrown.

Edit: still not seeing signs of any water features. I'm still hopeful we will see the return of the waterfalls, by some means it has to be possible to make them in an environmentaly sound way. Maybe it's too cold at the moment. 🤞

Looked good on Midlands today. A few words from Bianca, John Burton and the project manager too. It was somewhat brave to change the colour scheme like that but I think they've pulled it off. As long as it rides like it used to I was never too bothered about the theme anyway.

Not sure if anyone has picked up on this, but the trains were only running wheel covers on the first two cars in the testing footage.
Probably so if they have any issues they don't have to mess about pulling them back off. .

Or possibly to get some heat into the bearings with some external heaters before running it in this cold.

I bet on its first ever run back on the new track there was some bum clenching going on when it went through the vertical loop so slowly. . . Because no doubt that would have happened off camera incase it stalled or had issues.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.