• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Most of the 'original intent' sources (as I call them) line up well with each other, it just became a bit messy in the years since then. I did a deep dive on reddit a while ago:
I did some research with the original design team years ago which was interesting. The designer of the station designed it to look ‘like a dead carcass that could possibly be alive’ which is a contradiction to that 1994 video of the creature reawakening and feeding. The track-legs and eye stalks were then added to this design I guess to match it with the backstory.

The JW memo he reads in those Q&As talks of the track being formed of yellow goo emerging from the ground forming track, which was never referenced in the built ride.

Also the promo images show it looking like a crab alien but this never quite translated to the ride.

A different designer added the Mad Max type scrapyard scenery to the area and there was a cult scrapyard gang roaming the area originally.

Really it was more about how it looked and being a cool ride!

I did some research with the original design team years ago which was interesting. The designer of the station designed it to look ‘like a dead carcass that could possibly be alive’ which is a contradiction to that 1994 video of the creature reawakening and feeding. The track-legs and eye stalks were then added to this design I guess to match it with the backstory.

The JW memo he reads in those Q&As talks of the track being formed of yellow goo emerging from the ground forming track, which was never referenced in the built ride.

Also the promo images show it looking like a crab alien but this never quite translated to the ride.

A different designer added the Mad Max type scrapyard scenery to the area and there was a cult scrapyard gang roaming the area originally.

Really it was more about how it looked and being a cool ride!
Got any links? I'd be interested to read the early idea development! I focussed my look at it on what had been settled on by the time the ride first opened.
One of the things I like about Nemesis, is the clear Lovecraftian inspiration; that it can't be properly described or understood. The original did a pretty good job with it I feel

Reactions: Haz
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.