• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
IMG_3737.png
It’s just glare - you can see in the BBC footage there’s nothing there

Now I'm not saying they have lighting panels on, but the original picture appears to show something attached to each and every seat hang. If the panels were black (they usually are) the picture you posted would not be the best photo because they would be hidden by the black colour of the train seat hangs, as the panels are usually exactly the same size as the seat hang top, so would blend in perfectly in that photo.

Other photos appear to show something if you look closely enough. Not sure what they are, but they are where every LED light panel would usually go.

The original photo doesn't look like a reflection, glare or trick of the light, you can see them on every single seat hang which are all facing at slightly different angles and thus wouldn't be reflecting the light the same way towards the camera, to give you a glare.

They could be something left over from installation, but they are dark and are clearly visible in a few different shots if you look closely enough.

those boxes look like they have been on the original nemesis trains, it just seems wierd due to the motion blur and the light reflecting, compair this differnt perspective with the origional, I think the motion blur made the wheels used for storage look like rectangular lights. Then again, the videos don't give too good of a look at the top part of the train so anything is possible.

1705863311722.png1705863249873.png

those boxes look like they have been on the original nemesis trains, it just seems wierd due to the motion blur and the light reflecting, compair this differnt perspective with the origional, I think the motion blur made the wheels used for storage look like rectangular lights. Then again, the videos don't give too good of a look at the top part of the train so anything is possible.

1705863311722.png1705863249873.png

Interesting, they are on the one side (left) only, exactly the same as the new trains. Yeah, I don't think these are LED panels. anymore.

If you look, they have wheels on them. They're there as a second set of wheels for the trains to rest on when in the maintenance shed and off the track so the bogeys can be inspected and worked on.

Yeah yeah. But the one of the right as seen in the photo, has a bit on top, above the wheels, that the other side doesn't have. The old trains show the same, so this leads me to believe the one side could serve a dual purpose, for what you said and perhaps something when in the station maybe, not sure where the harness release is on these but I know it's up top.

I am sure the harness release mechanism goes into a "rail" and has wheels on the train to help the mechanism roll in.

I'm going to fire up No Limits and take a closer look.

Edit - you can see these trains sitting on the running rails when in maintenance, no idea what the taller bit on top is for that can be seen in the photos shown. Maybe a slight modification to the original style trains, who knows.

I need parks to open now, please! I am discussing small pieces of metal in extreme detail...:tearsofjoy:

rsz_20240121211334_1.jpg

Last edited:
The wheels are on both sides, the other bit is extra. Electrical contacts for the power to the trains or are they vertical on top? For a diagram, this shows the storage wheels are different but not the extra bit

1705871756892.png

Looks to run inside the channel. Is it restraint release maybe? It pushes a bar down to unlock them but not sure which side.

1705871876514.png

The wheels are on both sides, the other bit is extra. Electrical contacts for the power to the trains or are they vertical on top? For a diagram, this shows the storage wheels are different but not the extra bit

1705871756892.png

Good picture, see my post above, I edited a photo in, basically agreeing with what you said. I do not think these trains use much if any electrical power. I am sure the harness release is by a mechanical bar in the station that moves down, pushing pins down which release the harness. I could be wrong, but you can see the bar moving on some B&M's - it is probably this to be fair, in fact in the second picture, you can see it in the housing that pushes down to release the harness'.

Mysteries of the metal piece....

Last edited:
The restraints are mechanical, but the trains have power as you can see the lights for the restraints through the back of the seats. Would imagine it also has sensors for confirming you're locked in.

Looks to run inside the channel. Is it restraint release maybe? It pushes a bar down to unlock them but not sure which side.
Onload.
The restraints are mechanical, but the trains have power as you can see the lights for the restraints through the back of the seats. Would imagine it also has sensors for confirming you're locked in.
Yes there's an electrical hookup in the station which confirms the harnesses are down enough and locked.

It's great to see Nemesis running again. Of course these early tests do look a little slow but early tests often are, especially in the cold temperatures we had last week. It will speed up as testing progresses, although I don't expect Nemesis to be running at its best come opening day.

Looks like everything is coming along nicely, so fully expect a March 16th opening date at this stage. Really not a fan of the generic black fencing for the new queue line though.

I know it's cold, and I know they all start slowly.... but...

(and this may be a baseless generalisation) I get the feeling that tolerances for g-forces on new coasters (as far as the manufacturers are concerned) are less than they were 30 years ago.

Through a combination of wheel compounds and trims a lot of new coasters appear to play it safe over elements that could offer more excitement. Certainly in B&M's case, they've transitioned into a more floaty, meandering sort of manufacturer and we've yet to see them build something new at Nemesis levels of intensity.

In this new 2023 round of Nemesis testing, will the modern 'play-it-safe' mentality creep in and remove, say, the first helix grey-out?

A bit of pessimism for a Monday morning!

Has anyone thought about the airgates for the station?

I have a feeling there going to have been replaced. With the height of the old ones dont think there gonna be up to code now.

Has anyone thought about the airgates for the station?

I have a feeling there going to have been replaced. With the height of the old ones dont think there gonna be up to code now.
I suspect they will be replaced also, as they'd certainly seen better days. It will be a shame though, as you will no longer be able to use them to aid you in re-creating the Black Mamba dispatch audio!

Speaking of which, some dispatch audio in the station for Nemesis would be a nice idea.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.