• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I suspect they will be replaced also, as they'd certainly seen better days. It will be a shame though, as you will no longer be able to use them to aid you in re-creating the Black Mamba dispatch audio!

Speaking of which, some dispatch audio in the station for Nemesis would be a nice idea.
a creature roar would be pretty cool

Yeah, I have a feeling some people are going to be a bit disappointed come opening day if they're expecting an entirely brand new experience. There'll be cosmetic differences like what we've seen with the station, but I'm not expecting anything more than that - bar probably some new station audio,

It's great to see Nemesis running again. Of course these early tests do look a little slow but early tests often are, especially in the cold temperatures we had last week. It will speed up as testing progresses, although I don't expect Nemesis to be running at its best come opening day.

Looks like everything is coming along nicely, so fully expect a March 16th opening date at this stage. Really not a fan of the generic black fencing for the new queue line though.
Certainly looks a lot slower through the loop. Should go quicker with people on it rather than water dummies?

Certainly looks a lot slower through the loop. Should go quicker with people on it rather than water dummies?
The water dummies will be giving a representative weight for a full train of people, hence their use.

Coasters warm up over time, and weather conditions have a big impact on speed. I once rode Blue Fire in ERT during a cold April morning, we barely made it round! It was very cold last week and this was a very early test run, so I am not really concerned.

I don’t think any concerns regarding slowness or how it’ll ride are all that warranted. Will it be as insane as it was in its later years? No. But Nemesis was extremely well regarded from the beginning, its reputation isn’t a product of the last few years, if it rides exactly how it did in 94 it’s still a phenomenal coaster.

The vertical loop looks considerably slower relative to the other inversions, and also compared to what it did in the past. Yes it's being run in and it's cold, but I'm very interested to see how it will take the loop on a normal day where they have to send a couple of empty trains round after a stoppage.

It is looking slow in the current videos we have been given access to, but this is still early days and all the materials are new. Not negating the fact this has been one of the coldest January's for some years, I think this performance, or lack of, is to be expected.
I saw someone also comment that they speculate about the possibility of H&S interfering with allowances for forces.
While there are limitations on the amount of sustained g-forces permitted on rides, they are far higher than the original Nemesis had.
It is also probably not possible to trim these down as the profiling of the track is the same, and gravity hasn't been on a diet recently, that I know of, and trim brakes have not been added anywhere on the layout. I also don't think increased friction wheel assemblies would be possible, because of, well, friction.
All rides are fairly slow when they're new and over time, with track and bearing wear, and warmer weather, bed in.

Never did I think we would be having ‘looks slow’ discussions over Nemesis!

Its totally normal for a new coaster to run slow at first, its why the jokes exist. That and they have run it for the first time in freezing weather.

It’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has anyone considered the possibility they have slowed the video down at that section, specifically for artistic affect?
looking at the water that flies out of some of the dummies it dosn't look as though it was slowed,
To clarify, and to me, it looks as fast through the first two inversions as usual, but significantly slower through the loop.

Nothing a little goose grease won't fix.
looking at it, I would say the first inversions are slower than I remember, although also remember that they are the first inversions, thus it will be loosing speed as it approaches the loop after those invertions,

look at the smiler testing it crawls through the bat wing and sea serpent:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.