• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I mean what’s the alternative?
Either higher wooden fences painted black where your view is restricted or the black fences seen here, where you can actually see the ride area. It really doesn’t bother me what fences are installed to be honest, it seems they are trying to give us more viewing spots with alternative route than before. Added theming, speakers & lighting is all a step up in my eyes!

Like others have mentioned It’s a little unfair to judge until we experience the Que, ride and area in person. Also Burton isn’t to blame for Merlin budget cuts, which may have extended to Que line materials etc. I’m baffled at some users turning on him from one comment, when he’s helped deliver some real magic to AT including some great projects like The Curse.

Everything else I’ve seen so far has been an upgrade in my view and I’m excited to experience the new area for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enthusiasts when Merlin didn't give a shit about AT: :mad:
Enthusiasts when the creative team at AT gives a shit about AT: :mad:
Enthusiasts when perfectly functional queue line fencing gets put up around a massive retrack and refurb of one of the world's most iconic coasters: :mad:

Is this that off-season thing people keep mentioning? :tearsofjoy:

I mean what’s the alternative?
Either higher wooden fences painted black where your view is restricted or the black fences seen here, where you can actually see the ride area. It really doesn’t bother me what fences are installed to be honest, it seems they are trying to give us more viewing spots with alternative route than before. Added theming, speakers & lighting is all a step up in my eyes!
Potentially they could have shorter wooden queue fencing and then taller metal ride area fencing, but I'm not sure if that is significantly better or not. Potentially it would feel less claustrophobic and fenced in as the higher fence would be further away.

Enthusiasts when perfectly functional queue line fencing gets put up around a massive retrack and refurb of one of the world's most iconic coasters: :mad:

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking this is getting ridiculous. Anyway the new tail has just been put into place on the station.

This is 100% the closed season thing. Discussion always gets a bit insufferable at this time of year, and I fear with a month still to go before most parks reopen there's still a little way to go before we see the light at the end of that particular tunnel.

That said, the tail is looking good. I'm looking forward to getting back into Forbidden Valley to see it all for myself. 🤩

As soon as I knew they were fundamentally changing Nemesis in ways not to my personal taste, painting it standard Towers black and theming it around an ABC drop tower in a corrugated shed that's spent most of its existence closed, my thoughts moved to intrigue.

It still is, and as ever full judgment will be reserved until it is finished and I've experienced it. It was inevitable that they were going to have to change much more than the track colour to make the new aesthetic fit. The new track alongside the old forbidden valley looked jarring, so new style fencing, painting and theming changes around the area were always going to happen as part of the new artistic vision for the area.

Surely I can't be the only one that priced this in as soon as we got a glimpse of the new track? No one really expected it was going to remain unchanged other than a bit of black paint here and there? The fencing may be generic and boring, but it still allows good views of the ride and suits the new aesthetic. It's a partial retheme. Always has been.

This reminds me of the praise heaped on the new Big Easy whatever land at Thorpe when the concept art was seen, yet there was dismay and surprise expressed when they did exactly what the (paint) tin said and painted the existing buildings with primary colours?

The tail does look great there, it's massive as well! The station building/monster is going to look even more imposing than ever once it is all completed.

Most importantly though, this is another step to things being ready for opening day.

It’s a discussion forum.

People can be happy that the ride is being preserved and that the station looks fairly good and still critique the stupid fencing.

These things are not binary.

Although I like the new style and also will be fond for the old style. I'm not overly bothered because what's stopping them from repainting it all again in a 'retro' style again in the future. But we'll still maintain all the additional theming around it.

It's just a reskin to market as new, but there's still loads of quality of life and new theming over the original Nemesis! It's nice to see a different interpretation of the ride, all in all.

To have some positive comment on here, I'll say that I'm loving the new tail, love the beefier look though while I wasn't happy that legs on the loop side of the monster are the original legs that are going to stick out like a sore thumb from the newer legs and that the new 'face' of the monster is now facing away looking towards the rest of FV, I've realised something that does make some sense since Nemesis is supposed to be a abomination alien.

What if they are doing a Wicker Man Big Bob job if you remember the human and goat head on different sides of the structure, maybe they are doing the exact same idea for Nemesis here? Given how the original idea is that you exit from Nemesis' 'mouth', maybe it could be that Nemesis has two faces or mouths here in which one side is the original idea of leaving the mouth and the other head is the newer one they have built? This would explain why Nemesis has two different types of legs on either side as the side with the spikes and new face represents Nemesis' more aggressive side and the original side with the original legs still in place represent dare I say a more sympathetic side of the monster still pinned down.

I know this might sound far fetch but given Nemesis is supposed to be some Sci fi mutant crab from space, you could frankly do anything with the creature making it look all the more messed up rather than just a giant crab. So maybe it was some art after all, who knew?

It’s a discussion forum.

People can be happy that the ride is being preserved and that the station looks fairly good and still critique the stupid fencing.

These things are not binary.
And you'll find I didn't demand anyone stop discussing the fencing, since I'm not a mod or admin, so you can continue to discuss it on this forum until the cows come home, its not my call. Instead, I used humour and sarcasm to make light of the tendency for some on this discussion forum to be a bit OTT about silly things like, oh I dunno, plain black fencing used to contain and guide people towards an attraction. Obviously it didn't tickle your pickle, but hohum, can't win em all eh!

Falling Down Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Lets just build a fence and get over it.

Last edited:
And you'll find I didn't demand anyone stop discussing the fencing, since I'm not a mod or admin, so you can continue to discuss it on this forum until the cows come home, its not my call. Instead, I used humour and sarcasm to make light of the tendency for some on this discussion forum to be a bit OTT about silly things like, oh I dunno, plain black fencing used to contain and guide people towards an attraction. Obviously it didn't tickle your pickle, but hohum, can't win em all eh!

I would avoid trying to tickle peoples pickles, your technique isn’t up to much.

Either way the new Nemesis tail is looking impressive so that’s something.

If people could stick to debating the actual changes to Nemesis rather than debating about debating that'd be just fab ;)

As a reminder too - we don't have to keep this constant calling out of individuals. As others have pointed out, we have zero idea on the constraints creatives have for a project. The project is for the park - the decisions are ultimately ok'd by a multitude of people within Merlin/Alton Towers and so should be referred to as a company decision, not down to one individual.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.