• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I just thought of something. When Nemmy gets its retrack, will the whippy Corkscrew and Zero G Roll still be whippy? We know B&M have changed their techniques over time to make smoother but less intense experiences, but will they return to their more traditional ways for Nemesis?

I just thought of something. When Nemmy gets its retrack, will the whippy Corkscrew and Zero G Roll still be whippy? We know B&M have changed their techniques over time to make smoother but less intense experiences, but will they return to their more traditional ways for Nemesis?
The plans seem to suggest it’s just a like for like replacement of the track, so one would hope it remains the same on ride. But who knows it anything will change so it’s less forceful.

Had what I expect to be my last rides on 'old' Nemesis last week. For me it was still incredible; no increased roughness or vibrations that I see people meaning about occasionally. Just a great powerful ride. Best ride on park by an absolute mile. It's still special.

Managed to get a back edge row for my actual last ride, quite the rarity in these days of cRAP, was well chuffed with that.

Had what I expect to be my last rides on 'old' Nemesis last week. For me it was still incredible; no increased roughness or vibrations that I see people meaning about occasionally. Just a great powerful ride. Best ride on park by an absolute mile. It's still special.

Managed to get a back edge row for my actual last ride, quite the rarity in these days of cRAP, was well chuffed with that.
Nice! Let's hope that the back row will be just as intense after the re-track.

To change the profile of the inversions requires changing the profile of the track that both enters and leaves each inversion. This would be a nightmare on most coasters but you then have the tight envelope the pit gives Nemesis for any real adjustments.

I doubt there will be any major profile change to the ride. That said I do think for the first few years people will think she runs tame but that’s more to do with the new trains than the track profile.

To change the profile of the inversions requires changing the profile of the track that both enters and leaves each inversion. This would be a nightmare on most coasters but you then have the tight envelope the pit gives Nemesis for any real adjustments.

I doubt there will be any major profile change to the ride. That said I do think for the first few years people will think she runs tame but that’s more to do with the new trains than the track profile.
I thought they were keeping the old trains. What's the difference between the old ones and the new ones that Monster at Grona Lund has?

Don't think it's known for certain whether new trains are coming, the current ones have done a lot of miles though, that's for sure. Those chassis must have a lifespan.

A significantly differently weighted train could be one of the big influences on how true to the original any retrack rides.

I thought they were keeping the old trains. What's the difference between the old ones and the new ones that Monster at Grona Lund has?

There is no official word on the trains but it’s obvious they would change the trains, the trains have more wear and tear than the track.

The rumour is that they are not getting the vest restraints on the new trains, let’s all hope that’s the case.

I think we will see some new trains as the whole point of the re-track is to maintain it's longevity. Hence new trains are likely and parts will be more easily available for the latest train models etc. Remember when there was issues with the trains last season, and it was only running 1 train.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.