• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They'll want to replace as little of it as possible. None of us know for the sure what condition each and every component of it is in. If it's not broken and has a fair amount of serviceable life left in it, it won't be replaced.

I'd like to see a full restoration, including a clean up of the pit and a new system installed so red water can return as I think it's iconic and plays a very major part of the rides theme and experience. But I think we'll mainly see structural work and partial retracking. I doubt we'll see any of the things being suggested such as reworked music, pre shows and wotnot and neither should we really. I don't even think they'll even touch the theming but happy to be proved wrong (if done well of course).

Nemesis already has a pre show with that queue line. To suggest it needs anything else is need is obscene in all honesty!

Yeah, they just need to bring back The Narrated audio by Tom Baker to be honest, it gives you its origin, but very vaguely and let's you do the rest of the storytelling with your own ideas and thoughts.

They'll want to replace as little of it as possible. None of us know for the sure what condition each and every component of it is in. If it's not broken and has a fair amount of serviceable life left in it, it won't be replaced.

I'd like to see a full restoration, including a clean up of the pit and a new system installed so red water can return as I think it's iconic and plays a very major part of the rides theme and experience. But I think we'll mainly see structural work and partial retracking. I doubt we'll see any of the things being suggested such as reworked music, pre shows and wotnot and neither should we really. I don't even think they'll even touch the theming but happy to be proved wrong (if done well of course).
They could well be doing this as the next big investment in lieu of a major coaster. That's how Colossos: Kampf der Giganten at Heide was done, so it wouldn't surprise me.

If that's the case, then I expect there might be more budget available for some touching up.

Yeah they'll almost certainly replace all the mechanical parts. I wouldn't be surprised if the computer system was overhauled as well, given how old and outdated it is now.
I would've thought that too. The control system is basically obsolete. A newer control system brings lots of advantages in terms of maintenance.

Yes you'd need to train the ops on the new panel but it would basically be like Galactica's so not much overhead.

Nemesis already has a pre show with that queue line. To suggest it needs anything else is need is obscene in all honesty!
Honestly, other than bringing back the blood rivers, that might be the only thing they might bring in after her overhaul.

Actually, I can't say I remember it ever being on in the times I've been there.

Yeah, they just need to bring back The Narrated audio by Tom Baker to be honest, it gives you its origin, but very vaguely and let's you do the rest of the storytelling with your own ideas and thoughts.

You can’t bring back what was never there, the Tom Baker legend of Nemesis track has never been played around the ride area, it was sold as merchandise on tape.

Ultimately this refurb is purely because the track is aging to a point where it’s needing welding constantly and the bolts are sheering more regularly as the foundations shift, i would assume they will also refurb the station at the same time and install new sound system. Everything else would be a bonus but I do hope they find a way to bring back the red water though that won’t be completely straightforward.

Just because a hypothetical retrack would be caused out of necessity due to Nemesis aging, that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't integrate some extras into the refurb too. Colossos at Heide was done out of necessity to possibly an even greater extent than any hypothetical Nemesis retrack (the TUV quite literally forced Colossos to shut in its original form), and that got a fair amount of thematic refurbishment from Merlin (with the addition of the big wicker man-style structure, the retheming of the queue and station and such).

It would make sense from a marketing perspective for this to open in 2024, marking the 30th anniversary.

I would like to think they'd do a few subtle improvements theming wise while they're at it, but it doesn't need anything too dramatic.

My dream list of changes would be:

1) Better sound system for the queueing music.

2) re-record the queueing music (don’t change it, just a better quality recording seen as they lost the original copy.

3) Improve the theming inside the station

4) Bring back the red water

5) Bring back the double decker bus food stand

Just because a hypothetical retrack would be caused out of necessity due to Nemesis aging, that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't integrate some extras into the refurb too. Colossos at Heide was done out of necessity to possibly an even greater extent than any hypothetical Nemesis retrack (the TUV quite literally forced Colossos to shut in its original form), and that got a fair amount of thematic refurbishment from Merlin (with the addition of the big wicker man-style structure, the retheming of the queue and station and such).
But Colossus was a different coaster. Nemesis already has the fantastic landscape and a massive theming structure already in the monster station. Other than the rivers of blood, Nemesis doesn't need anything else. The only thing that makes it loose it's appeal is the state of the whole thing, everything is already there. It wasn't with Colossus.

Imagine a restored station, new audio equipment, all the weeds hiding the other theming and the rocks all cut back and fresh looking track. If retracking is happening anyway, doing this is much cheaper than adding stuff that isn't needed. There have been posts earlier in the thread from people who haven't noticed the theming under the station and by the first stall turn or the bus outside of Scarefest. Some good old fashioned clean up would bring all this back to life.

I'm not a complete traditionalist, but they're far better just restoring the amazing assets they already have to make it feel new and impactful again. To do that though, I strongly suggest them at least attempting to find a way to restore the red water. I just can't think of a cheap way of them doing it. If it comes in to contact with any plant life it will contaminate the local water table and I can't see them making it a closed system completely when it runs over natural rock.

Could they put a plastic trough in the pond and a plastic sheet over the rocks (painted to look like rocks) so that the red water can't escape?

Unfortunately there's a lot more to the water problems than just ensuring it's enclosed in the pit with plastic sheeting. No matter what you do with the falls too, the water can still escape as it travels down, and even then there's the question of how the water is dealt with when the levels get too high due to rain etc too.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.