• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
But we don't know whether it's a charge or not that's the thing. I can't see how it will be charged as the rumours suggest but I guess we'll find out next week when it becomes a vlogging platform 👁️

Perhaps maybe you are offered to go up there for a certain timeslot to help not make the platform a crowded mess though it does depend how busy it will get over the season for if not then they might just open it fully regardless?

But we don't know whether it's a charge or not that's the thing. I can't see how it will be charged as the rumours suggest but I guess we'll find out next week when it becomes a vlogging platform 👁️
Rumours are that they'll charge when track is being installed and it'll be free at all other times, but take that with a pinch of salt. We'll find out for sure soon enough.

I would politely suggest that those rumours are nonsense.
I certainly hope so, I don't like the idea of them charging at all tbh. Definitely will need some sort of time slot system when track is being installed though, to make sure it doesn't get too crowded.

Galactica is a free viewing platform and you get a better view than you will on the platform
Not very stable for vlogging onboard Galactica though, really.

On another note, I'm on annual leave next week so will be making a visit and will see what it's all about. I can imagine some people being up in arms that they didn't open the viewing platform on a weekend. It also wouldn't surprise me if they did a sneaky opening of Sub-Terra around the same time. Even The Smiler was a 'soft opening' if I remember right. Rumours did strongly circulate on the day or so before it opened that it might do, but if I recall correctly Towers never actually confirmed that it would open on the day that it did...

It would be ridiculous of them to charge even when the track is going in, particularly as you’re staring at a closed ride that you can’t go on throughout 2023. I don’t think they will/think they’d be stupid to. I’m going next Friday so would have a wonder up if it was free, but I wouldn’t pay

Definitely won’t be charging, or time slots.

It will only be enthusiasts which will go up there or people who don’t have a clue what it is. It’s all to help a story I suppose. I think you’d be pretty delusional to think it’s ever going to get busy except enthusiast meet-ups ect. It’s going to be quiet 99% time.

I don't understand why anyone would pay when you getting a better view of the site on Galactica
I guess it offers a complete different view and you can have have a look without waiting for a ride or peeping through a hole in a fence. And to be fair we don’t know wether it will be charged for or not, If it is then I find that quite embarrassing😂

When we are posting about such rumours, can we try and include a source please? Anyone can make up a rumour, and just saying you've heard rumours doesn't allow for other people to make an assessment of their validity.

Shawn has mentioned it a few times in vlogs this season, it’s mentioned in TPW’s latest video uploaded yesterday (video below). Of course, TPW may not be correct, but it’s an interesting rumour nonetheless.

I personally don’t see the need to charge, guaranteed a flock of enthusiasts will begrudgingly pay, beyond that would non-enthusiasts bother? I doubt it. If it’s for crowd control, a free ticketed system would be better, or staff managing crowds at the entrance/exit to the platform.

Can't wait for all the vloggers to slaver all over it and somehow stretch a scaffolding platform and construction pit into a 15 minute video.

My kids will probably want to go and have a nosey purely because they are fascinated by construction equipment and cranes more than anything else. bet the workmen are going to be thrilled with hundreds of eyes on them scrutinising everything they do for the next 6 months though...

I suppose if they wanted to monetise it they could bundle it into the Fastrack ticketing system somehow.

Even if its free, why would anyone who isn't an enthusiast want to use it anyway?

"Daddy can we go on RMT"

"No dear, I paid £100 entry to look at a building site, not go on rides"

Ha!

Maybe they will get some actors on there to make it more interesting.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.