• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
My initial excitement about the colour scheme has worn off, and now I cant help but feel it looks like fairground ride art work. I will reserve judgement for when we see the finished product.

I do also wonder whether this will just be on certain sections or whether it will be the entire track - quite an effort if so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You clearly never saw the Thirteen or Sub Terra PR stunts back in the days, those were cringe fests even before the rides had opened and the infamy both gained. This in contrast is without question a masterclass in comparison.
I did see, there have been some very cringey stunts in the past, but this campaign isn't a one-off stunt to try get in the Sun.

I just don't think producing some cheap online videos of badly acted evil suit men and dudes in boiler suits walking around some track in an Amazon delivery warehouse is what theme parks is all about.

It's a PR campaign aimed at enthusiasts only and doesnt even feel remotely 'Nemesis' or exciting to me. (The real project might be)

However I can see everyone else online loves it and who am I to judge.

Next up a shaky found footage video of the Phalanx getting their construction site Working At Height training ready to install the track.

I did a short video of walking up to the observation deck and then back down. There's currently not a lot to see but I thought a few might like to see the layout. I almost didn't bother uploading it:D
From: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_lVhyGNHI&feature=youtu.be

I know H&S requires construction workers to wear hi-viz clothing, but is it coincidence or intentional that all the workers are wearing the same colour as the Phalanx operatives' Haz Mat suits on the Nemesis closing night?

1682504379056.png

Last edited:
If that is what they are wearing, imagine being a construction worker being forced to wear this red overalls to work in

I wonder if the additional red detailing will only be on the track sections closest to the station? Perhaps to make it look like it’s being taken over/part of the monster. Possibly the zero g roll? Maybe the vertical loop?

I quite like it, but think it’ll be a bit much if it’s on all the track.

I wonder if the additional red detailing will only be on the track sections closest to the station? Perhaps to make it look like it’s being taken over/part of the monster. Possibly the zero g roll? Maybe the vertical loop?

I quite like it, but think it’ll be a bit much if it’s on all the track.
In that case then maybe the supports closest to the station might get the red detailing treatment too?

In that video is the rock work for the waterfalls having alternations so it can be a sealed system perhaps or at-least back on with water? Maybe they could use mist effects and red lights to masks the empty pit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The promo material is great, and certainly getting me excited for seeing what else they have up their sleeves.

I like that they are giving the track extra attention to detail, but it just looked like roots to me. As other have said, I also worry how long this effect is going to last with weather playing its part.

I did like in the promo video have it came to life on the track, and that was cool. It made me think of McLarens new digital advertising screen that are fitted to its F1 car (https://seamlessdigital.com/). It got me thinking, if you can fit a LED Panel to an F1 car, could you do something possible with the Spine of the track.

If you did this, you could have the vines follow the ride vehicle around the track, or just do other interesting things that have never been done before.

I'm as excited as anyone else to see hardware arriving, but that excitement doesn't change my opinion. At least it now gives me 2 reasons to bother going up there in what is a pretty poor looking season so far. If their best coaster is out of action, I can at least see it being constructed. I'll be pushing 70 the next time I get to see that pit empty again (not sure how I feel about that now I've typed it!).

All this military/sci-fi Phalanx marketing seems to be making people happy, which is never a bad thing I suppose. Doesn't feel very Nemesis to me at all though, more X Sector style. But then I've long resided myself to the fact that Towers have decided they want a park full of samey sinister organisation and haunted tree/woodland themes. Sadly, it's looking increasingly likely that this new thematic direction will be taking over the ride proper and not just used for closure and reopening marketing purposes. But judgement will have to be reserved until walking out of the station after the first ride. Who knows?

I'm glad they've added the red detail to the track. Gives the dull identical colour scheme to 3 of the other coasters some organic flavour to it in this particular case. I hope this means a return to the track being the monster tentacles as has been alluded to in the marketing - which, if true, is a great step forward! I hope the station now gets a matching colour scheme to the track (a bit like some of the original concept art) to make it all feel cohesive. The detail of the red paintwork effects does look rather good, but from a distance it looks like it belongs on a Hot Wheels toy. And this track will mainly be viewed from a distance. But again that can't be judged until it's up and running. I hope some of this detail is seen in the flesh when queueing and watching off ride. One thing is for sure though, within a few years it will be faded, cracking, flaking and covered in green algae and will spend most of its new operational life looking this way. So savour how it looks opening year whilst it lasts folks!

The promo material is great, and certainly getting me excited for seeing what else they have up their sleeves.

I like that they are giving the track extra attention to detail, but it just looked like roots to me. As other have said, I also worry how long this effect is going to last with weather playing its part.

I did like in the promo video have it came to life on the track, and that was cool. It made me think of McLarens new digital advertising screen that are fitted to its F1 car (https://seamlessdigital.com/). It got me thinking, if you can fit a LED Panel to an F1 car, could you do something possible with the Spine of the track.

If you did this, you could have the vines follow the ride vehicle around the track, or just do other interesting things that have never been done before.
This did cross my mind - the veins following the train up the lift hill and as it goes over the vertical loop the side facing the station has the same effect following it as it goes over the loop. Would be amazing at night!

This new track design is going to clash even more with Galactica now! I initially thought it was cool but the more I see it the more tacky and retro it looks. I also don't think the glossy paint finish fits with the theme either.

Ohohhhh what are they doing to arguably the best themed coaster in the uk! maybe butchering it lol, the only consistent thing Merlin can do.

Personally think it looks great.
This new track design is going to clash even more with Galactica now! I initially thought it was cool but the more I see it the more tacky and retro it looks. I also don't think the glossy paint finish fits with the theme either.

Ohohhhh what are they doing to arguably the best themed coaster in the uk! maybe butchering it lol, the only consistent thing Merlin can do.
I get that not everyone is going to like it, but I think ultimately the choice was always going to be between the ride being removed or the ride being replaced and changed a bit in order to be able to market it - even Universal changed the theming on the Hulk a bit when they retracked it.

Personally I’d like to see some sound effects, large amounts of smoke in the pit and a return of the blood waterfalls. If we get that I think it will be a fairly substantial improvement on what was there previously.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.