• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sometimes jobs are completed quicker than expected. Sorry I'm probably being impatient, this park is far worse off without this ride.
This was already discussed yesterday with a few reasons as to why this is unlikely to be the case. But in short, more work than track to be done and that this ride is their big selling point for 2024 means we're highly unlikely to see it this year.

Since all of the information that Towers have released states 2024, I don't think we need to keep de-railing the topic by speculating an early opening for the ride at present. The appearance of track doesn't justify that speculation, as we have zero idea of a timeline of the works that are taking place anyway. For all we know, they could be behind schedule, not ahead!

So let's stick to updates from the site and speculation on any potential further thematic changes for the time being please :).

How does the construction process work with coasters like this? Do B&M have representatives involved throughout the construction or is there a pool of contractors who do the labour for a whole bunch of manufacturers and then they inspect and sign it off at the end?

The more I look at the new track the more I hope they do some 3D veins on the supports / coming from the station onto the track. Just to tie in the 2D painted bits.

At the moment I canā€™t tell if I love it or if I hate it. Itā€™s definitely giving off nemesis inferno ..

Same. I also think if some of the ā€˜veinsā€™ on the track box sections were 3D and not just painted on, it would look a bit less cheap.

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing it in person to see if my opinion changes.

Is Nemesis a unique B&M in having a custom paint job that isnā€™t block colours? (for both the original track this new track)

The old track was matt too which is unusual.

Is Nemesis a unique B&M in having a custom paint job that isnā€™t block colours? (for both the original track this new track)

The old track was matt too which is unusual.
Does Patriot's white stripe count?

inverted2006_patriot02_0.jpg

Fury325 has a two-tone thing as well.
a8a164it4yq31.jpg

It looks great but it is going to look grubby very quickly, as do all the rides due to the location. You could sort of get away with the grime of the original track to a certain point, because there was no detailing. It was just colours sort of fading into one another. So a bit of grime did not loose the effect so much and did not stand out as much.

This however, as great as it looks, has very distinctive and clear lines as in the actual veins. So the grime will be far more noticeable and will stand out much more.

As much as a love it, I feel a design that would not stand out like a sore thumb once a bit of grime hits it, would have been more suited. This is going to look terrible very quickly, unless they stay ontop of it. Which is not going to happen.

I wonder if ConsignAG will be doing the control system upgrade. They are a common choice with B&M, they are responsible for the computer systems on some of Alton's B&M's.

The track won't take long to put in, even when you consider the difficult terrain. The Smiler took about 9 to 10 weeks to build the track all in all. Once the footers were in. That is excluding the two months stoppage. Rita was just over 4 months from going vertical in the mid December 2004 to opening April 1st 2005, including all commissioning and installations and sign offs of the complex systems. I would have thought most of the footers will be sorted now, they have been at that for a good 4 months.

If they keep the rate they are going now, track will be finished July to August time. It won't open until next year though I do not think. They will use the extra time to get everything right and for any unforseen issues. Plus, they need their new headliner for next year. Even though it could be ready, I do not think they will let it be ready.

Last edited:
I wonder if the track is black will the station be black / red too?

The track merges into the monster, and would look strange with white track like legs, or black track like legs into a white body.

Think it could change the look of the station quite a bit, with the base coat being much darker.

The station will need to change for it to fit in with the track. Probably looking a lot more like the artwork used in the 90ā€™s.

2330BEDB-131C-4995-9F2E-C17EA26FEB12.jpeg
Given how the track veins seemed to look like they are straight from the 90's, I wouldn't be surprised if the beast was to look like this, maybe remove the googly eyes on the beast and have them pushed back onto the body like in the picture? Will be interesting to see what they come up with though please bring back the blood falls...that would make even the harsher critic of the changes jump for joy.

Almost definitely reading too much into it but do wonder if they're having some second thoughts on the veins?! MAP account asking for people's thoughts, with a mention that the "Phalanx" will be taking note. Guess they've got time to pause painting up the rest of the track if they're having doubts. It's definitely divisive!

I like the idea of it but does like a BIT cheap

From: https://twitter.com/MerlinapUK/status/1651871447084589056?s=20

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.