• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's almost a mute discussion point when you consider a good amount of the track will be green very soon. Which will contrast far more with black and red than it ever would with grey.

I feel MMM have not at all considered the surroundings of the park or the upkeep capabilities of the park when designing this. Two things they really should consider, as they will want their rides looking as good as possible for as long as possible. So designing them to work with the natural environment, rather than against, will be a good thing.

I do like the track though I must say.

I do wonder if MMM are aware of the park's notorious upkeep with attractions and have done the veins, which they'll be aware will require at least a clean once every closed season and that by doing this will force Merlin's hand to treat the upkeep of rides more seriously with the Nemesis track being perhaps a pawn for something bigger?

Ofc, I'm just guessing but it would ballsy of them to challenge those at the top to let out more cash for much needed work that is needed. Could be interesting if the new Nemesis track does force Merlin to act upon it.

I do wonder if MMM are aware of the park's notorious upkeep with attractions and have done the veins, which they'll be aware will require at least a clean once every closed season and that by doing this will force Merlin's hand to treat the upkeep of rides more seriously with the Nemesis track being perhaps a pawn for something bigger?

Ofc, I'm just guessing but it would ballsy of them to challenge those at the top to let out more cash for much needed work that is needed. Could be interesting if the new Nemesis track does force Merlin to act upon it.

Considering all of their other multi million pound investments look run down. I very, very much doubt it.

I do wonder how much more of the track has yet to be built and shipped over? Maybe the early installment was a test to see how it looked in which if not, they can hold off painting the track until further noticed and that the already installed sections can be repainted again without much fuss?

Would be funny if we got white Nemesis track after all which would be rather embarrassing on Merlin's part.

Changing the colour/detailing would be like shooting a film in colour, then grading each shot and mastering it to be in black and white, only for the studio to say after closed previews, it needs to be released in colour. The film would've been lit for black and white during shooting, so it wouldn't necessarily translate to colour easily - plus, they'd have spent a considerable amount of money in post making it look good in B&W, so they'd have to spend even more to make it look good in colour.

Like others have said - they'll have considered this carefully and planned it all accordingly.

They're not going to be making any changes to the track colour at this stage, and certainly not based on some comments online.

This will all have been planned and conceptualised for a long period of time.
Maybe not, however they may have realised that a decorative finish is hard to maintain especially so many feet above a pit. Or maybe they've realised it doesn't look that good in the cold light of day?

I think it looks fantastic

Let's hope that paint protection technology has come a long way recently.

I did wonder if they may install more near misses or reduce the clearance in certain places. It's amazing how you can make a coaster seem so much faster by doing this?

There are parts of Nemesis where it would be cheap and easy to install covered areas to present the illusion of tunnels, darkness and lighting effects.

The more I see if this project, the more surprises I think there will be.

I think it looks fantastic

Let's hope that paint protection technology has come a long way recently.

I did wonder if they may install more near misses or reduce the clearance in certain places. It's amazing how you can make a coaster seem so much faster by doing this?

The more I see if this project, the more surprises I think there will be.
Sounds silly but I believe the black track will definitely enhance the ride in the darker months

This might sound really stupid, but to me, the veins on the track seemed to look slightly brighter in the nighttime photos and videos than they did in the daytime ones, and not in the way that things that are lit by backlighting traditionally do.

With this in mind, I was going to say; could the veins on the track possibly glow in the dark? I assume they’d be able to do it with some sort of special glow-in-the-dark paint or something if they wanted, and it would be quite a visually striking effect for night rides if pulled off well!

I’m still not wholly convinced by the veins myself, but the way they look seems to vary quite a bit with photos. In some photos, they look OK, but in others, I’m not that keen on them.

The thing with the grime is that it’s a problem I’ve seen enthusiasts discussing in only the last five years or so (Please correct me if I’m wrong!) The issue of grime has always been there, it’s natural given the location of the park, but it’s an issue that was previously dealt with to a far better degree. Fingers crossed this new design was planned with the knowledge that budgeting for upkeep would be improved upon its opening. You don’t have to go that far back and you’ll see Air in its gorgeous light blue, clean. Here‘s hoping they can get standards back to that level before Nemesis reopens.

Last edited:
This might sound really stupid, but to me, the veins on the track seemed to look slightly brighter in the nighttime photos and videos than they did in the daytime ones, and not in the way that things that are lit by backlighting traditionally do.

With this in mind, I was going to say; could the veins on the track possibly glow in the dark? I assume they’d be able to do it with some sort of special glow-in-the-dark paint or something if they wanted, and it would be quite a visually striking effect for night rides if pulled off well!

I’m still not wholly convinced by the veins myself, but the way they look seems to vary quite a bit with photos. In some photos, they look OK, but in others, I’m not that keen on them.
I've noticed other people online have brought up the glow-in-the-dark possibility, and I am not sure, but I think it would be excellent if they were!

I am pretty sure we will see some sort of 'centrepiece' for this. It could be argued that the original monster was that, in a way I guess it was. I am sure the updated monster will inevitably act as a new centrepiece. But I feel it will be more prominent and stand out much more. How it will do that, remains to be seen.

I really, really hope we get the red waterfalls back, if they cannot be red. Just give us the waterfalls back.

Saw the track in place today from Galactica's lift hill. I think it looks great, definitely better in person as well. There are two other pieces that look like they're waiting to be fitted, one is sitting in the little tunnel section which happens before the final turn, and the other is right next to the fence.

MMM for all intents and purposes operate separately from the individual attractions throughout Merlin, it’s not their jurisdiction to enforce upkeep of rides, what they plan and deliver is ultimately the final say until it’s handed over and the project is delivered, at that point the parks take over and it’s their discretion to take control of maintenance.

Towers could use their allotted budget for paint touch ups and the like, which I seriously hope they do, but I find it hardly likely given the circumstances we’re currently looking at park wide.

Changing the colour/detailing would be like shooting a film in colour, then grading each shot and mastering it to be in black and white, only for the studio to say after closed previews, it needs to be released in colour. The film would've been lit for black and white during shooting, so it wouldn't necessarily translate to colour easily - plus, they'd have spent a considerable amount of money in post making it look good in B&W, so they'd have to spend even more to make it look good in colour.

Like others have said - they'll have considered this carefully and planned it all accordingly.
However, this isn’t a film, it’s some red paint on some steel. The whole project won’t fall apart because the track is changed to plain black. It’s not out of the realms of possibility to change something this far away from the end of a project’s completion. They’ve got a year till opening and can easily decide to stop painting the veins on the rest of the track if they’ve decided it doesn’t look so great in real life.

Obviously whether that’s true is complete speculation and they’ll probably see it through. But to use film as an example, the entire Sonic the Hedgehog film went back into the cutting room after negative comments online because of Sonic’s design, and was completely re-done. It took them 5 months to re-do the scenes and character design and delayed the release by 3 months. Nemesis is still a year away from opening.

But as others have said, it won’t matter anyway as it’ll all be green in a few years!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.