• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Looks like they're going for this whole military nonsense theme, so now have to go the whole way and finish it by making it blend together.
I can't see a single thing pointing to a military theme to the ride, surely all we've seen of Nemesis 2.0 is vein covered track?

Unless you're talking about marketing, just under a year out from launch? When it comes to finding a way of hyping the arrival of massive pieces of steel, I can't think of a better part of Nemesis' 'current' (2022) back story to draw from! If this were 1994, and social media existed, I can't imagine the campaign being that much different.

The steel pinning the alien down is being delivered, Towers want you to know - the military/Phalanx/whomever is responsible for the pinning is going to be a central feature. Or alternatively, literal specimens of the alien are arriving on site...there are going to be scientists and security.

I'm not saying it's not happening, for all I know all the current theme is going to be ripped out and replaced with Sub-Terra-esque military props. But at present, do we have any indication this is happening?

I can't see a single thing pointing to a military theme to the ride

A military organisation, wearing body armour, with a helicopter and an armoured vehicle that you almost need to walk around to get into Forbidden Valley are central to the entire marketing campaign. That's quite a big single thing wouldn't you say?

You're right, they could just drop the whole thing once the ride opens and forget it never happened. I hope they do, or they at least inoffensively just linger in the back ground somewhere mostly out site (there seems to be this obsession with roller coasters needing some sort of "back story" by some, which is fine if that's what you're in to). But I wouldn't put money on that being a certainty would you?

Besides the context of the post was about the look and feel of the ride area itself and FV surrounding it. That's more important to me. I couldn't care less about any story behind these things. JW always said it was "nonsense", it really was just an excuse to make a cool looking coaster in a pit. I'd very much prefer there not to be people dressed like armed police officers, tanks, helicopters and stuff around the ride. I don't really care about why an alien creature, who happens to look exactly like a B&M inverted roller coaster, is pinned down with steel that just so happens to look exactly like B&M invert coaster supports and the back story behind who put them there. I don't care why the Beornan decided that the process of sacrificing guests by burning them in a Wicker structure had to involve a GCI wooden coaster as the the delivery method. It just looks cool.

I hope (but not expect) that all this Phalanx stuff is just marketing to hype things up and that we just end up with this mysterious alien monster bursting out of a pit for no reason whatsoever, leaving the blanks to be filled in with guests imagination if they so choose. Rather than just turn it in to Call of Duty: The Ride.

On the other hand, although they've stopped short of ruining everything as I've heard it's actually rather good, I can't help but feel like all this fan service stuff is over reaching ala Alton Manor. No one other than Thoosies care who Emily Alton is and some of the "Easter Eggs" around that ride seem cringeworthy. The best fan service would be to sort the state of the park out, but that would cost over £100m whereas putting up a sign saying "Wardley Estate Agents" costs a few quite from Leek Signs. But I digress, it would be good if they didn't pollute the theme of Nemesis with all these military people for the hell of it.

A military organisation, wearing body armour, with a helicopter and an armoured vehicle that you almost need to walk around to get into Forbidden Valley are central to the entire marketing campaign. That's quite a big single thing wouldn't you say?

Well that was exactly my point, the theme of the marketing has a big military angle. It came across when you said "it looks like they're going for the whole military nonsense theme" that you were talking about the attraction itself.

At present, there's no real indication of the ride's theme beyond painted track, so in my mind no evidence of them "definitely going for" anything, "military nonsense" or otherwise. They're simply marketing the rides closure and rebuilding using the Phalanx. That's it. That's as far as we can see ahead to Nemesis 2.0.

Last edited:
Well that was exactly my point, the theme of the marketing has a big military angle. It came across when you said "it looks like they're going for the whole military nonsense theme" that you were talking about the attraction itself.

At present, there's no real indication of the ride's theme beyond painted track, so in my mind no evidence of them "definitely going for" anything, "military nonsense" or otherwise. They're simply marketing the rides closure and rebuilding using the Phalanx. That's it. That's as far as we can see ahead to Nemesis 2.0.

Just as well (as you stated correctly in your first paragraph) I said "looks like" (which it does) rather than "definitely going for" (which you stated in your second paragraph). I would not know for sure what they'll go for in the end. There's no smoking gun, just the barrel pointed in a certain direction. Who knows? But you said you hadn't seen "a single thing" pointing towards a new military theme. Well, the marketing.

It’s best to view this in the same vein of Ministry of Joy with The Smiler. Heavy emphasis on Ministry of Joy (Phalanax in this case) prior to opening, once opened nothing more than some references on the website and a sign at the entrance of X-Sector.

I can see Phalanax going the same way. Heavy emphasis through marketing this year and into next year. Once the ride opens, nothing more than the logo here and there and maybe a sign referencing to the Phalanax.

Last edited:
Oooo a phalanax scare maze would be something a little different.
Only thing is where the heck would you put it.... Through the gardens around fv? Or using sub terra as a base and making something from there...idk...

Glow in the dark track and new features meaning it can run in more adverse weather conditions? Is this guy smoking something or did I miss a memo? 😂

Some people will do anything for views or attention. Reality is nobody knows and those who claim to know more than the other are either lying or in risk of losing their job.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.