• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think you might be confusing Project Horizon with Project Exodus; Project Exodus is Thorpe Park’s hyper coaster, which is to be gold, while Project Horizon is Alton Towers’ indoor coaster, which has not had a colour confirmed yet.

An easy mistake to make, though; it’s hard to keep track of all these “Projects”!
Oh. Right. I don’t think you will see a lot of the track anyway!

Cool shot of the sheer amount of scaffolding required to access the pit.

We just used to go down the ladder next to the queueline. Have got some brilliant photos from "down the loop". Only rule was there had to be 2 of you "going down". How Health & Safety rules have changed in 20 years. This was before the "lock-off" for ride area access was introduced.

Suprising to hear lock-of procedures were only introduced in the last 20 years. I know I've worked on rides built in the 90s that had to have lock-offs retrofitted onto them, But I'd have thought that by 2000 at the latest this would have been mandatory. Seems like such an obvious way to avoide very likley fatal accidents.

It won’t at first, it will seem slow.

The new trains will take time to bed in.
Exactly this. The reviews on opening day are going to be pretty disappointing I feel. I can already hear comments such as "they've ruined it", "urgh, B&M at it again with forceless coasters" etc. but it will take time for Nemesis to regain its true feel and charm.

Exactly this. The reviews on opening day are going to be pretty disappointing I feel. I can already hear comments such as "they've ruined it", "urgh, B&M at it again with forceless coasters" etc. but it will take time for Nemesis to regain its true feel and charm.
Think about inferno! That’s aged very well!

It should ride exactly how it opened in 1994, same track blue prints and the manufacturer hasn't dipped in quality in the last 30 years, I wasn't alive yet in 1994 but I think it'll be the same beast that it was 30 years ago, whether it was slower in its opening years than later on though I'm not sure.

I'm getting old, but if my memory serves me, Nemmie had it's full intensity and brilliance from the first ride I ever had just a few days after opening in 1994.

I think B and M will pull it off again.
The modern B&M's tend to feel more graceful and a tad sluggish though.

See Banshee for example. Monster at Grona Lund is probably more comparable due to the trains. Would be interested to know how that rides if anyone has done it?

In other news, Nemesis' eyeball has been chopped off...

From: https://twitter.com/NemesisFanBoy/status/1683851775000944640?s=20

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.