• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wonder if this geo-thermal stuff is Merlin trying to tie in Nemesis Inferno a bit better to the overarching ‘lore’? Alternatively (and somewhat optimistically), set up for a new Forbidden Valley flat…

The hints about a geothermal biohazard made me think of this publicity stunt that Netflix pulled for Stranger Things Four with cracks with lava and smoke flowing through.

I would love to see new bits of theming like this across forbidden valley and around the nemesis site complete with fog effects and perhaps even actors at some points through the opening and scarefest. Maybe even to replace that huge ugly Nemesis gun thing that has always baffled me slightly. I think it would look incredible and could be a great link to sub terra and the increased activity of Nemesis.

Towers also like to do a publicity stunt for each big addition, so I suppose they could follow in Netflix’s footsteps and take something like this out and about too if they so wanted.

IMG_3911.jpeg

I can’t really see the logo changing.

Considering Nemesis Sub-Terra has a rather permanent looking sign with the current logo on it, and there is a certain other rollercoaster with the same logo down south, I think it would be surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If "Nemesis Reborn" is the new name, and it looks like it will be, then it stands to reason that it will get a new logo. Even if it is just the word "Reborn" added in some way, it will be a new logo.

Speaking of logos, this one has been used heavily as part of the marketing

insignia-1.gif

So it's possible it could be used for Nemesis.
However, I think they may be using bait and switch tactics with this, and this logo will be used for Galactica's re-theme.
This is being used for a group opposing the phalanx. This group vs The Phalanx, so Galactica (or whatever new name the may give it) Vs Nemesis?

If "Nemesis Reborn" is the new name, and it looks like it will be, then it stands to reason that it will get a new logo. Even if it is just the word "Reborn" added in some way, it will be a new logo.

Speaking of logos, this one has been used heavily as part of the marketing

insignia-1.gif

So it's possible it could be used for Nemesis.
However, I think they may be using bait and switch tactics with this, and this logo will be used for Galactica's re-theme.
This is being used for a group opposing the phalanx. This group vs The Phalanx, so Galactica (or whatever new name the may give it) Vs Nemesis?
You could be onto something there. Galactica’s portal does sort of resemble that logo……..

IMG_0226.jpeg

From TT Facebook, you can actually go up to the unit that appeared in Towers' latest video;

From: https://www.facebook.com/towerstimes/videos/weve-checked-out-the-site-of-the-geothermal-biohazard-that-appeared-at-alton-tow/1480807882719629/

There's smoke coming out of it too!

I love this type of marketing however I'm going to nit-pick and say that the message and what it implies don't quite gel with a timber-framed kiosk!

Also the warning posters need to be bigger and more... warning-y.

You could be onto something there. Galactica’s portal does sort of resemble that logo……..

IMG_0226.jpeg
ok so hear me out, this is a very wild theory and almost certainly won't happen but here is my idea. So this Seek The Truth organisation is developing some sort of device that can do something to attack nemesis or protect humanity from it or something, but the important bit is the name, they should call this ride Secret Weapon, firstly because it is a secret weapon, but secondly it would bring the whole secret weapon code name full circle and the original concept for forbidden valley as the home for some sort of superweapon under that name gets brought to life. about the organisation itself, maybe it isn't a human organisation, what if its an alien race that has come to earth through this portal stargate thing to warn or protect earth from nemesis. Forbidden valley becomes the battlefield of good vs evil, very much in the comic book style story that new nemesis is going with

Last edited:
I seriously hope there’s someone in the Merlin marketing department reading this chuckling about all this analysis!

“Oh Dave, that lot who were convinced the Smiler was going to have a washing machine element are living for this marketing!!”

Jokes aside absolutely loving this marketing, reminds a bit of the original Oblivion marketing campaign just with more videos!
If this is how a retrack is being marketed I cannot wait to see Horizon’s marketing!

Also if they do go down the geothermal a nice heater in the station would be lovely for those post- Firework night rides!

I seriously hope there’s someone in the Merlin marketing department reading this chuckling about all this analysis!

“Oh Dave, that lot who were convinced the Smiler was going to have a washing machine element are living for this marketing!!”

Jokes aside absolutely loving this marketing, reminds a bit of the original Oblivion marketing campaign just with more videos!
If this is how a retrack is being marketed I cannot wait to see Horizon’s marketing!

Also if they do go down the geothermal a nice heater in the station would be lovely for those post- Firework night rides!
I hope Project Horizon's marketing is on this level, although as it is out of sight from the main areas of the park, sadly I think it will be fairly minimal marketing until a couple of months before opening, or maybe a bit of teasing the scarefest before opening.
I'm sure we will see some aerial footage of the construction, from drones and planes flying overhead though, like with the smiler.

I hope Project Horizon's marketing is on this level, although as it is out of sight from the main areas of the park, sadly I think it will be fairly minimal marketing until a couple of months before opening, or maybe a bit of teasing the scarefest before opening.
I'm sure we will see some aerial footage of the construction, from drones and planes flying overhead though, like with the smiler.
Talking of filming, it will be interesting to see what they do with the timelapse they're filming and how they'll link that into the marketing (if they do)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.