• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Call The Midwife : Live was not on my bingo list for the 2024 season...

So glad they're making an effort in the area though. The closing day really showed just how many guests care about Nemesis. The atmosphere in the area was brilliantly done with the additions they threw in there that evening. Glad to see they're carrying that on for opening day when (hopefully!) the ride will reopen.

Please stop saying "rebirthing show"!

Birthy show? Appease the thoosies

Rebirthing Spectacular?

Thrilliant Rebirthing Showtacular?
I feel I should apologise for introducing the phrase "rebirthing show" to the forum! But as I wrote the comment I honestly couldn't think of another way of putting it!

I apologise if I’ve missed a prior discussion on this, but; are we reckoning that Nemesis is going to open at the start of the season on the 16th?

I only ask because we’ve now booked to go on the 23rd and 24th for the Alton After Dark event on the 23rd, and after absolutely loving his first visit last year, we’re once again accompanied by my grandad, who’s possibly more excited for Nemesis than I am! He’s never ridden Nemesis before, as it was obviously closed when we first went with him last March, and he’s incredibly excited to take his first ride on it!

I apologise if I’ve missed a prior discussion on this, but; are we reckoning that Nemesis is going to open at the start of the season on the 16th?

I only ask because we’ve now booked to go on the 23rd and 24th for the Alton After Dark event on the 23rd, and after absolutely loving his first visit last year, we’re once again accompanied by my grandad, who’s possibly more excited for Nemesis than I am! He’s never ridden Nemesis before, as it was obviously closed when we first went with him last March, and he’s incredibly excited to take his first ride on it!
Anybody's guess at this stage in my opinion. We've still got a few weeks to go yet.

I feel like the park probably don't know for sure yet. They definitely can't commit to a date until the ride has completed testing and been signed off. It probably depends on what work is essential to get completed before the ride can open to the public and what bits of work can be finished off after the ride opens.

That said, if they already know that it is going to miss opening day by quite a bit (say not opening until June/July) then I think they would have said something by now like 'opening summer 2024' or even just 'opening later in 2024' to avoid the inevitable Twitter disappointment and bad PR.

I would prepare your grandad for disappointment and maybe pencil in another date later in the year just in case.

Definitely getting there! Might not be 100% what it was for launch, but it should be more than acceptable
Only coaster example I’ve got in memory is Mandrill Mayhem at Chessington. Was riding much faster around October time compared to when it opened.

I still believe it will take months for this to bed in properly.

Roar still sounds good.

If they are pushing the boat out for professional lighting rigs in Forbidden Valley for the Alton After Dark event, my gut feeling is that they expect Nemesis to be part of that line-up.

I'm not surprised they haven't announced anything given that the ride is still in testing - however there is nothing to suggest from what's been seen by official and unofficial coverage that this isn't going according to plan.

Booking for 16 March - or even 23 March - is certainly a risk, but one I think I'd be prepared to take.

The ride has been non stop testing today with 2 trains almost back to back.

I’d bet they’re doing everything within their power to get all testing done as quickly as possible considering weekends seem to be on the table as work days for them.

My worry is the area surrounding as from the more recent aerial photos going around, it certainly seemed a tad behind, but I’m sure that’s something that can be turned around if enough bodies are thrown to it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.