• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I don’t know if anyone else agrees, but to me, that almost looks faster than it did before the retrack… it was absolutely hauling in that footage!

Even though I don’t personally rate Nemesis as highly as a lot of people do, I still find it to be an absolutely brilliant ride, and to be frank, I can’t wait to get back on it in just over a month’s time! My March 2023 visit did feel a little weird without it…

I don’t know if anyone else agrees, but to me, that almost looks faster than it did before the retrack… it was absolutely hauling in that footage!

Even though I don’t personally rate Nemesis as highly as a lot of people do, I still find it to be an absolutely brilliant ride, and to be frank, I can’t wait to get back on it in just over a month’s time! My March 2023 visit did feel a little weird without it…
I was thinking the exact same thing... it's absolutely flying round!

Could this be something to do with the addition of the new brakes? Being able to run it faster without extra stress on the trains?
I doubt it's to do with that, once it leaves the top of the lift there is no way to control the speed besides slowing it with trims, and it hasn't gained any height. I'd put it down to new (smoother, as it's not had 30 years weathering and wear) track and any potential slight changes to the track profile which may cause less friction vs original Nemesis.

I doubt it's to do with that, once it leaves the top of the lift there is no way to control the speed besides slowing it with trims, and it hasn't gained any height. I'd put it down to new (smoother, as it's not had 30 years weathering and wear) track and any potential slight changes to the track profile which may cause less friction vs original Nemesis.

No I meant could they be running it faster as the new breaks at the end can cope with the increased speed compared to the old system.

I don’t really see that noticeable of a difference myself, just looks like it’s up to speed. There are bound to be slight differences here and there whether it be magnetic brakes or the lift hill. 1994 B&M technology is vastly different from what we have in 2024. I also think it’s worth considering this is an angle we never usually saw portrayed for the old Nemesis, so it’s bound to look a bit different compared to watching it at ground level.

I think it looked a little slower in the 2nd video with some dummies on, so maybe super speed was because the train was empty? But I'm not an expert in physics, it's too much like witchcraft to me.

I can envision that the train might well be running slightly faster, as there has actually been a marginal increase in gravity since 1994. It's not really spoken about much in the MSM, but I recall it being discussed on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast a while ago. Hopefully this will incentivise Merlin to rebuild more of their iconic coasters, such as Rita or even Scorpion Express.

I can envision that the train might well be running slightly faster, as there has actually been a marginal increase in gravity since 1994. It's not really spoken about much in the MSM, but I recall it being discussed on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast a while ago. Hopefully this will incentivise Merlin to rebuild more of their iconic coasters, such as Rita or even Scorpion Express.
Surely this “increase in gravity” would have impacted it’s finally years of service and not just after a re track

I'm thinking of changing the wheel compounds (tyres) on my car just in case. Can't be too careful, I can't risk arriving at the brake run (work) 0:01 seconds later. Oh and avoid walking under apple trees, we all know what happened to our Isaac the poor fellow. He had a bruise for weeks.

I think it looked a little slower in the 2nd video with some dummies on, so maybe super speed was because the train was empty? But I'm not an expert in physics, it's too much like witchcraft to me.
They may be running different wheel compounds on different trains, to test running speeds. My guess is the empty train has completed the required testing (hence no dummies) and is running at the correct speed, the train with dummies on might still be testing new compounds.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.