• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
On the BBC's interior design masters show, when they have to design a beach hut by the sea, the judges always say 'don't make it stereotypical i.e. shells, buckets and spades' - it needs to be 'designed'.

From what I've seen so far (and I'll reserve full judgement until I'm there) this doesn't look like an immersive theme, but rather some 'stereotypical' additions, to make it military. A helicopter, tank and black paint does not a themed area make...

Fingers crossed more arrives before opening day!

On the BBC's interior design masters show, when they have to design a beach hut by the sea, the judges always say 'don't make it stereotypical i.e. shells, buckets and spades' - it needs to be 'designed'.

True, but then when the designer then goes on to create something with no influence from the surrounding environment, they get told ‘you really should play to the fact we are by the beach in your design’.

Essentially, you can’t please everyone.

It's all sold out for the 16th - day tickets and passes. Passes share the same pool of guest numbers, so once there are no more tickets, there are no more pass prebooks available.
They must be adding more tickets though surely? How much must they have capped it for it to sell out 2 weeks beforehand. They won’t have sold 20k+ tickets 2 weeks in advance

They must be adding more tickets though surely? How much must they have capped it for it to sell out 2 weeks beforehand. They won’t have sold 20k+ tickets 2 weeks in advance
Nemesis is popular, it’s the first time the park has been fully open this year, favourite attractions are back

They may have a lower cap than usual as it’s the start of the season and this will create the best experience for guests, but seriously, just accept that Nemesis is hugely popular and go about your day

True, but then when the designer then goes on to create something with no influence from the surrounding environment, they get told ‘you really should play to the fact we are by the beach in your design’.

Essentially, you can’t please everyone.
Totally agree, if it has no influence then they failed. It needs to be a balance. From the looks of the Alton helicopter and tank they have gone the opposite way!

I think for me the make or break of the area will be in the detail. I think a helicopter is a decent piece of theming as long as it is supported by smaller details elsewhere. The tentacles on the rocks look great for example. Something like a destroyed army mess room with tentacles sticking up through it, or marks on the floor to show a battle has taken place. The reason the original Forbidden Valley was so impressive was because of the rich detail throughout the area.

It does kind of feel at the moment that the original theming elements have simply been painted or built on top of, rather than many new elements actually being created, other than a couple of helicopters and a big fence. That said though, Merlin showed with Curse that they can do detail really well, and we won't see the final execution from drone footage. I'm holding out hope.

I think for me the make or break of the area will be in the detail. I think a helicopter is a decent piece of theming as long as it is supported by smaller details elsewhere. The tentacles on the rocks look great for example. Something like a destroyed army mess room with tentacles sticking up through it, or marks on the floor to show a battle has taken place. The reason the original Forbidden Valley was so impressive was because of the rich detail throughout the area.

It does kind of feel at the moment that the original theming elements have simply been painted or built on top of, rather than many new elements actually being created, other than a couple of helicopters and a big fence. That said though, Merlin showed with Curse that they can do detail really well, and we won't see the final execution from drone footage. I'm holding out hope.
Well there is that shipping container in the queue line that looked like it was going to be a shop that now has track sticking out of it...maybe that is designed to be something like a mess room/shop where the monster threw the track and it landed there destroying the room. Some pictures of it here:

1709578384482.png

1709578399096.png
Taken from:

From: https://x.com/TowersTimes/status/1764334733066977511?s=20

Well there is that shipping container in the queue line that looked like it was going to be a shop that now has track sticking out of it...maybe that is designed to be something like a mess room/shop where the monster threw the track and it landed there destroying the room. Some pictures of it here:

1709578384482.png

1709578399096.png
Taken from:

From: https://x.com/TowersTimes/status/1764334733066977511?s=20

Yeh it’s an odd one that …… can’t quite figure out what it’s meant to be

I imagine the idea is that this, presumably dismembered, lump of tentacle was still alive and has burst out of the container to re-join the whole. The container looked more like had ripped open from inside rather than punctured with flying debris

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.