• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well they kept everyone waiting for Alton Manor until lunchtime didn't they. Just imagine..

Gonna be jousting competitions in the queue with vlogger selfie sticks to see who can get the first exclusive video out
the second the ride opens the resorts wifi crashes due to the amount of people uploading videos

How long before they swerve all that red light and mist? Month?

ā€˜Donā€™t switch the mist on today, just drive that dirty van around forbidden valley a bit and the fumes from the exhaust will do the trick, multi-tasking, better from the environment, go an fill it up on leaded petrol on the way home as wellā€™z

I'm very cautious about the new soundtrack; I appreciate that some people love IMAscore, but I personally find their music very over-dramatic and generic. The original suite is without a doubt one of the best pieces of theme park music produced - I'm not expecting it to hold a candle to it, but I hope that they've kept the lengthy ambient portions, and that it's not just constant noise.
Same. I've never been too fond of their music and never understood the hype around it, not my taste I suppose. I'm hoping they keep the slow and eerie bits like the original, but I don't expect it to top the original by Graham Smart. I've heard portions of the new music, and it's not growing on me sorry. I'll always love grahams version with the electric guitar, the eerie sounds.

I know a lot of people are familiar with the shortened version, but my favourite version of the Soundtrack is the original 1994 variant, especially with how eerie it is compared to the later version most of is grew up with. That segment at the end though is just Brilliant personally.

I'm saving full decision about the music until i've heard the full thing in context, but up until then i'm not keen on the small sample we've heard too far. I'm all for change though but as said above i hope the new track keeps the eerie ambient parts of the soundtrack that made the whole area have an incredible atmosphere!

But you know what the best thing is? We have the original version available to play anytime, anywhere. Yes, it won't be playing at Nemesis itself, but the music won't be forgotten and we can all listen to it whenever we want!

Same. I've never been too fond of their music and never understood the hype around it, not my taste I suppose. I'm hoping they keep the slow and eerie bits like the original, but I don't expect it to top the original by Graham Smart. I've heard portions of the new music, and it's not growing on me sorry. I'll always love grahams version with the electric guitar, the eerie sounds.

I know a lot of people are familiar with the shortened version, but my favourite version of the Soundtrack is the original 1994 variant, especially with how eerie it is compared to the later version most of is grew up with. That segment at the end though is just Brilliant personally.

Trooper Looper not being a fan of something old changing? I must've stumbled into another dimension.

Trooper Looper not being a fan of something old changing? I must've stumbled into another dimension.
Now I remember why I considered abandoning this thread before. Cheers for reminding me šŸ‘

Seriously though, there are stuff I really do like about the new ride from what we've seen, such as the added tendrils around the area, the revamped logo, the military artillery in the queue which I think looks great, and the pincer like limbs. I guess my preference just leans to the original more, that's all.

Last edited:
Now I remember why I considered abandoning this thread before. Cheers for reminding me! šŸ‘

Haha, all in good faith, I didn't mean anything by it. I will say that I too am a big fan of the original soundtrack but I'm excited to see where they're going with the new one! As much as the old soundtrack was great, like everything to do with this project, a refresh to fit the new theme would've been part of Merlin's marketing efforts. And, I agree, I do hope they keep some of the more ambient parts of the score. All in all, I didn't mean any offense, the old soundtrack was (and still will be!) great too :).

Haha, all in good faith, I didn't mean anything by it. I will say that I too am a big fan of the original soundtrack but I'm excited to see where they're going with the new one! As much as the old soundtrack was great, like everything to do with this project, a refresh to fit the new theme would've been part of Merlin's marketing efforts. And, I agree, I do hope they keep some of the more ambient parts of the score. All in all, I didn't mean any offense, the old soundtrack was (and still will be!) great too :).
None taken haha. We all just have different taste, it'd be a pretty boring forum if we all had the same opinions now. Fingers crossed the new one has more lengthy and slow bits to really add the atmosphere to the area though.

What theyā€™ve done with this is honestly pretty much what Iā€™d hoped, a new imagined monster, the lighting, mist, music, all Iā€™m hoping for now is that the eye is as good as theyā€™re making it out to be and that theyā€™ve done something with the inside of the station, Iā€™d love the waterfalls back as well but Iā€™m not really expecting that, I wonder if perhaps thatā€™s a no go but theyā€™ll give a nod to it in some other way/special effect?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.