• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Still don't understand the logic of the monster having a big fat eye in its mouth, unless it's just got very spiky eyelashes and the mouth is elsewhere
I hadn't really thought of it as a mouth, I thought it was more a kind of shell, like an over-engineered eyelid.

This thing flies through the vacuum of space unaided right? Maybe it's a segmented space helmet for it's massive eye?

Still don't understand the logic of the monster having a big fat eye in its mouth, unless it's just got very spiky eyelashes and the mouth is elsewhere

...elsewhere...

Confused What The Hell GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

The advert looks fantastic, makes me feel like a nipper again. Can't wait to see everyones reports from opening day!

And in the advert we can see…

Permanent lighting! That isn’t festoon lighting! Yay!
I don't think so, a lot of the lights we see are 5pin lighting which are more expensive to run and own I doubt that most of the lighting there is permanent but we could see it there for this season

...elsewhere...

Confused What The Hell GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

The advert looks fantastic, makes me feel like a nipper again. Can't wait to see everyones reports from opening day!
Didn't say I didn't like the design, I guess it's like the Xenomorph and its little baby jaw and space creatures just defy sensible logic

I'll be looking forward to riding it when all the initial chaos dies down in a few weeks

Interesting that the prior logo remains around. I've always like how simple yet imposing it is
If I was on the design/marketing team one of the reasons I'd have kept it around myself is that it works better when it's alongside other text than the new/original one does, with it being a font rather than an artistic design. One of the issues they had with the original logo was that its intricacies were lost when it was shrunk down for maps or other promotional materials and the nature of the design just looked jarring when placed alongside traditional, fixed height, text. Whoever came up with the altered version for this probably discovered that for themselves, hence Reborn not being in a traditional font but something unique. I'm sure there are plenty of versions of the logo where Reborn was written much more conventionally that didn't get beyond the draft stage.

The fact the eye is now an actual part of the new logo design suggests that it belongs to the rollercoaster alone and the previous font logo will be for off-shoots such as Sub-Terra or Inferior at Thorpe Park.

Nemesis takes a lot of inspiration from HP Lovecrafts alien/ dimensional entities. They're portrayed as not conforming to known science or biology, with many of their forms being in flux. To the point where seeing and trying to understand what they are drives people insane.

Edit: Don't just take my word for it;

Last edited:
I hadn't really thought of it as a mouth, I thought it was more a kind of shell, like an over-engineered eyelid.

This thing flies through the vacuum of space unaided right? Maybe it's a segmented space helmet for it's massive eye?
Maybe they wanted to move away from mouths and eating because 1) that's a bit more scary and gruesome (for the kids) and 2) if it had a mouth, it infers it has to have a bottom. And we all know where we enter that station on the brake run! 🤣

Maybe they wanted to move away from mouths and eating because 1) that's a bit more scary and gruesome (for the kids) and 2) if it had a mouth, it infers it has to have a bottom. And we all know where we enter that station on the brake run! 🤣

And the ad does imply that she picks the security guard up, and instead of eating him, secures him into his seat. I'd love to see how she managed the seatbelt with those nails 💅

Looking at the advert it looks as if this new version has tongue-like things within it's claws.

TBWA\MCR are the people responsible for bringing this promotion to life, following on from their work with TCAAM last year. They've also worked with Merlin on similar promotions for Legoland and Heide Park.

Advert is great, however I thought they'd have played the new soundtrack towards the end rather than the Alton Towers tune. And surprised there isn't the usual voice saying "She's back with a Vengeance" or "Nemesis Reborn" etc. Also, why does the security guard have earphones in!! I know it's to keep up with the modern world and eventually show the earphones dropping, but, surely you can't hear much with them in! Especially as a security guard you want to be able to hear stuff lol. Anyway class advert.

Advert is great, however I thought they'd have played the new soundtrack towards the end rather than the Alton Towers tune. And surprised there isn't the usual voice saying "She's back with a Vengeance" or "Nemesis Reborn" etc. Also, why does the security guard have earphones in!! I know it's to keep up with the modern world and eventually show the earphones dropping, but, surely you can't hear much with them in! Especially as a security guard you want to be able to hear stuff lol. Anyway class advert.
ITHOTMK is much more iconic than the Nemesis theme, especially with the people they're hoping to get the attention of with this advert. Anyone who recognises the Nemesis theme is almost certainly already aware of it coming back.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.