• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

What makes you think this? I don’t think I’ve seen Thorpe run a coaster on only one train at any time in the last 5 years, and I’ve visited a fair amount in that timeframe.
They used to be pretty bad at this quite a few years ago (around 2017-19), a lot of the time Inferno & Colossus ran on one. In the last few years or so they've got much much better, I don't really see it happen anymore either :)

Now, now, let's not forget that unlike other vloggers this is actually his job. He is paid by Thorpe Park to make videos about their park and the building of The Jack Silkcut: The Ride, they will have ultimate creative and editorial control. I'm struggling to think of any brand, or company, that would include negative criticism in their own promotional video.

This does demonstrate that vloggers/influencers need to make their relationships with the products, services and companies they're showcasing explicitly clear. In Jack's case, specifically, there's bound to be confusion as he's switched from a homegrown enthusiast (making videos for fun) to corporate shill, but is still using the same delivery channels. He may, at one time, have declared the switch; but if you missed it, or are just coming across him, his financial relationship with Thorpe Park isn't explicitly clear.

If a park has given you a gift, declare it. If a park is paying you, declare it. If a park has organised, or facilitated, a filming request (ride footage, behind the scenes, interviews, etc), declare it.
Although TPWW probably gets the occasional freebee at least he's not scared to criticise Merlin and theme parks when need be. Those types of channels are going to strangle each other to death eventually, there are too many at it these days. I suppose Jack Hatstone has a USP now in that he can get behind the scenes at Thorpe however, it just doesn't have the same following as Alton Towers.

With all the reports of the first train on site (I've seen a lot on Twitter the past day or so), they'll need to assemble it and give it a once-over before it can run. With the schools still on holiday in some places, I wouldn't be surprised to see it do a ~1am test at the start of next week, so that prying eyes don't catch it, as is the custom for a maiden voyage. Then perhaps a day or so later it'll do a few daytime runs.

With all the reports of the first train on site (I've seen a lot on Twitter the past day or so), they'll need to assemble it and give it a once-over before it can run. With the schools still on holiday in some places, I wouldn't be surprised to see it do a ~1am test at the start of next week, so that prying eyes don't catch it, as is the custom for a maiden voyage. Then perhaps a day or so later it'll do a few daytime runs.
I doubt the locals would be happy with a 1am test!

Who likes geeky shots of trains? Yes! Most of us :)

Train 1 car 3 was delivered this afternoon.

hyperia11thapriltrainsdelivered-25.jpg

hyperia11thapriltrainsdelivered-08.jpg

I guess I should post a normal photo...

hyperia11thapriltrainsdelivered-04.jpg

hyperia11thapriltrainsdelivered-09.jpg

Not messing around getting it on the tracks / maintenance bay

hyperia11thapriltrainsdelivered-29.jpg

Photo taken an hour before it was lifted in but it's a big bit of kit to lift it in.

hyperia11thapriltrainsdelivered-47.jpg

More at the normal place. Wake me when its testing...

It's probably due to the trains only just starting to be delivered but this thing feels so far off being finished that I just don't believe it'll be ready for opening day.

I guess it's likely that they've got all the electrical and control systems ready in advance and can send the train round pretty much as soon as they couple the cars together but until I see it start testing in earnest I'm remaining sceptical.

It's probably due to the trains only just starting to be delivered but this thing feels so far off being finished that I just don't believe it'll be ready for opening day.

I guess it's likely that they've got all the electrical and control systems ready in advance and can send the train round pretty much as soon as they couple the cars together but until I see it start testing in earnest I'm remaining sceptical.
According to the schedule posted in the planning application, they only need to do 28 days of testing, so if they've started testing by 26th April, then we should be good!

The electrics are definitely in to some extent, as they've already begun testing the transfer track.

What have they realistically got left to do at this point other than couple the trains together and test the ride, though?

The electrics are evidently already in seeing as they've tested the transfer track, they're quite a way into building the queue line, the shop is mostly built, and there isn't an awful lot of theming or landscaping to be installed. There's still a month and a bit to go until 24th May; I think that's still plenty of time.

I know it looks tight, but Merlin have pulled these things together at the last minute on many, many prior occasions. Earlier this year, people were uncertain about whether Nemesis Reborn would open on 16th March, but they pulled it together. There have been plenty of times where the parks have taken construction right to the wire and the ride has still opened on time.

It's evidently just the way Merlin do things.

What have they realistically got left to do at this point other than couple the trains together and test the ride, though?

The electrics are evidently already in seeing as they've tested the transfer track, they're quite a way into building the queue line, the shop is mostly built, and there isn't an awful lot of theming or landscaping to be installed. There's still a month and a bit to go until 24th May; I think that's still plenty of time.

I know it looks tight, but Merlin have pulled these things together at the last minute on many, many prior occasions. Earlier this year, people were uncertain about whether Nemesis Reborn would open on 16th March, but they pulled it together. There have been plenty of times where the parks have taken construction right to the wire and the ride has still opened on time.

It's evidently just the way Merlin do things.
Haven't they got to build a fence around the whole ride area before they can start testing?