• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Nice little interview here from Michael Mack, where he confirms that two other rides will be coming in phase 2 of Croatia, and that the high fidelity (and potentially groundbreaking) Wētā Tesla animatronic will arrive mid-may.

When do we think phase 2 of Croatia could open? Would be nice if it was next year as that's when I'm hoping to visit for the first time (May I'm looking at), but I feel that's unlikely.

On 23rd September 2017, our talk forum began this topic discussing a potential new major rollercoaster at Europa-Park, potentially opening in 2020. Since then, we've seen major fires, a global pandemic, inflationary pressures and more. But today, Europa-Park finally opens its newest rollercoaster and we couldn't be more excited. Here's to you, Voltron!

The queue, at least, is now open. And it looks horrendously long with cattle pens in the Traumatica area. Sounds like the train that stalled yesterday is still on the back of a truck, so Voltron will not be at full capacity for the foreseeable future.

Fingers crossed today goes as well as possible for them!

A prime example of why rope drop openings never really work. You just get a mad rush of people all wanting to be the first to get to the same place. It's fairly chaotic at an EP rope drop at the best of times!

In other news, it appears that Voltron is currently running different wheel compounds on different trains as they determine what is best for the ride experience going forward. So there is quite a difference in the ride experience depending on which train you are on.

It feels like they could have implemented some better crowd management. On opening day this year they managed crowds at the entrance by limiting numbers with the new turnstile locations. They could have implemented a similar solution, or perhaps gone for the ā€œrope walkā€ option to mitigate the stampede.

Either way, between this and the varied wheel compounds, it sounds like a perfect storm of bad management and bad luck.

It feels like they could have implemented some better crowd management. On opening day this year they managed crowds at the entrance by limiting numbers with the new turnstile locations. They could have implemented a similar solution, or perhaps gone for the ā€œrope walkā€ option to mitigate the stampede.

Either way, between this and the varied wheel compounds, it sounds like a perfect storm of bad management and bad luck.
A rope walk would never work due to the many routes you can take in the park. I think the best option would have been to delay letting people through the turnstiles until say 8.45am perhaps, and then have a gradual stream of people being let in to the park. You'd still have large crowds at the park entrance, and crowds gathering at Voltron as it was not ready to open in time. But you'd have eliminated one of the pinch points.
Does anyone know if 'Nevara' means something? Because I tried a google translate and all I got was 'Refridgerator'
Apparently in Croatia, Nevera is some sort of electrical storm!

Does anyone know if 'Nevara' means something? Because I tried a google translate and all I got was 'Refridgerator'
Ahhh that classic moment where cross language sponsorship works wondersā€¦

And from Rimac directly relating to Voltron:

From Rimacā€™s website:

The name given to a quick, sudden and mighty Mediterranean storm, that races across the open sea off Croatia, a Nevera is extremely powerful and charged by lightning.

Striking with exceptional speed and severity, our new generation of hypercar proudly carries the name but also the characteristics of this unique meteorological force of nature.

I feel like to control the rush to Voltron, or to any new ride opening for that matter. Is to create a ride queue entrance right at the main gate. So, once people are through the turnstiles, if they want to queue for the new ride, they join a narrow queue right there. This allows everyone to be in a single file line and walk to the ride from there. No overtaking, no queue jumping, no rushing, no pushing etc. Just a steady stream. Then, when no more people are entering, the line is slowly shortened until it is no longer needed and people can just join the queue from where it normally starts. Simple and easy,

A rope walk would never work due to the many routes you can take in the park. I think the best option would have been to delay letting people through the turnstiles until say 8.45am perhaps, and then have a gradual stream of people being let in to the park. You'd still have large crowds at the park entrance, and crowds gathering at Voltron as it was not ready to open in time. But you'd have eliminated one of the pinch points.

A couple of barriers and just opening the entrance from Italy to France could easily have provided an opportunity for a rope walk. The route would only need to be past Can Can and then down the walkway through Greece. Some pedestrian barriers directing traffic to one side of the lake is all that would really be needed. Once you get past Can Can the routes off from that path wouldnā€™t really get anyone to Croatia any faster.

That's a shame. The park has had a bit of bad luck with the opening but look to have built a fantastic coaster. They do take great pride in being a family park so I expect they'll take this very seriously and get it ironed out very soon

This is the first major coaster opening of the modern era at EP. Social media, vloggers - none of it was anywhere near as massive when Wodan or Blue Fire opens.

Sounds like a nightmare this morning.

I'm now glad I have a month's grace before visiting.