• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

They’ve not had notable delays on other coasters’ components (that we know) and certainly nothing which has delayed opening by a year. It’s just a bit bamboozling that the project has been so significantly delayed by whatever this specific component is and there’s been no talk of it elsewhere in the industry or even on other Mack coasters.

I can’t help but feel there are some other factors at play.

Do you think that an element of it is that they are prioritising clients over themselves, where there are fees and penalties for being late, and hence this is always at the bottom of the to-do list?

That could well be a factor, the industry I work in is similar to this and we can incur penalties for late production and/or shipment of components.

Mack Rides do have a lot of high profile clients right now including Universal who are on a tight deadline to ensure epic universe opens on time.

But then to counter that, they've been able to produce track and supports for Alpenexpress with absolutely no notice at all! And I assume the new (or maybe refurbished) train for that will be arriving onsite fairly soon.

It would be a real shame if the coaster and theming was pretty much ready come the start of the season, but it can't open due to delays with the trains. They've known for so long when they needed to have these trains ready, and a further delay after previous delays for various reasons isn't great.

But then to counter that, they've been able to produce track and supports for Alpenexpress with absolutely no notice at all! And I assume the new (or maybe refurbished) train for that will be arriving onsite fairly soon.

It would be a real shame if the coaster and theming was pretty much ready come the start of the season, but it can't open due to delays with the trains. They've known for so long when they needed to have these trains ready, and a further delay after previous delays for various reasons isn't great.
Presumably as those components are already done and finished for Epic Universe? I’m not sure of Mack’s other commitments, but I’ve not seen many trains or electric components delivered to their other sites and if they have that’s perhaps their priority.

I do think Mack would have scheduled their projects better considering the delays though?

Though it could be a case that they’re just sending trains as and when they can at this point and they’re holding off on any official word until they can get hold of enough trains to be comfortable.

From the POVs and little snippets it does seem that there’s still a bit of work to do around Croatia though so again they could be holding off until they’re sure they’ve got that area in check too.

Too many variables 😅

Edit: to add there are currently 14 projects under construction from Mack Rides including Voltron, these are at various stages of completion and at least two of these could be competing for parts from Voltron

IMG_2420.jpeg

Last edited:
Plus you had things like Universal pausing/cancelling the star fall racers order before they then recommitted to epic universe. And the seemingly very late decision to add that spinning coaster to the project as well.

Every business has its limitations and maximum production capabilities, it just happens that with the rebuild the resources have been stretched along with other projects with other parks this has likely caused the delays, you don't expect an order to hit the factory for a rebuild so late in the year, to open next season and just have staff sat around waiting for this work.

The only difference with the UK that goes in Mack’s favour is that they can pull resources and man power from all across Europe without need for working visas, we don’t particularly have that benefit in the UK anymore.

Good to see, I think they could soft open on 4 trains. Unsure how many cycles they need to complete to allow guests on but I imagine they are running them pretty constantly.

If I`m informed right then every train needs to operate for 300 hours before transporting guests....so a fourth train needs to arrive quite soon to get that done in time to be used at the (pre-) start of the season....

If I`m informed right then every train needs to operate for 300 hours before transporting guests....so a fourth train needs to arrive quite soon to get that done in time to be used at the (pre-) start of the season....

yeah practically speaking they would need around 35 days of running to get that assuming they can operate long days.

Think it’s looking unlikely but fingers crossed.

Latest episode of the construction documentary is up! Nothing really of note in it, just showing lots of footage of various people riding it and I have to say it is looking good! They did also say at the end that there is still a lot of work for them to do before it can open.

Voltron has now been testing on a 2 train operation, so that is some progress. And the third train that has arrived is Train 1, the train that initially had no seats so has already done a lot of testing.

issue is nobody knows the feasibility of them soft opening on a 3/4 train operation.

The only ride I personally know they soft opened is Snorri Touren which is hugely different to the logistics of running a coaster.

Is there any track history of EP Soft Opening rides on much lower throughput? It seems very against their own MO

Did they say they’d announce an opening day by the end of the month? If so, we should be finding out today!

Looking back at the article, it did said that the opening date will be decided by the end of February. So not necessarily announced by the end of February.