• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

It is going down like a lead balloon. I have a holiday booked there at the end of this month and it looks like I am not going to be able to ride having been looking forward to it for years and years.

I am unsure what exactly would demonstrate the appropriate case?

EP have lost the plot?
EP are a shambles?
EP are doing too much?
EP project management is inadequate?

What flack would be appropriate?
It's time for the great British tradition of a strongly worded, semi-formal, blisteringly-close-to-insulting email. It would be worth it for the wonderfully unrestrained, straightforward German response. They gave negative f's about me getting kicked out of the 2024 season queue after a whole day, it's actually comical thinking back.

On a more serious note, I'll cross my fingers that they're doing some soft openings by the time you're all over there, it's a real shame for those not traveling from an hour or two away and I'd be disappointed too - it ain't cheap! I guess they can fall back on "we haven't announced an opening date yet, womp womp".

My post was more an observation around the lack of discussion and/or criticism on this thread about the fact the coaster won’t be ready for the start of the season, it just seemed a little tumble weed in terms of referencing the frustration around the delays compared to the discussion that happens for other parks (specifically Merlin) in similar circumstances.

Of course the discussion seems to have moved on now and a few folks including yourself have shared their views on the matter.

Yeah - actually, Alton do pretty well at this stuff. But I think EP are so well respected for their general operation - that's probably why there's less flack. They have a much more human side to them. Whereas Merlin being a big conglomerate... less understanding is given.

EP have so much going on, but I really thought it would be Voltron for Easter and Austria for May. I am irritated by it, certainly.

As it stands, looks like all our focus will have to be on the rethemed Eurosat Coastiality. Darn.

Last edited:
Well, actually I am giving them some slack, since two major unplanned projects have been added in the last 9 months: Austria due to the fire, and Geisterschloss due to fear of fire :cool: . So I imagine that resources are spread quite thin at the moment which will impact building speed. Of course it helps a lot that I am not quite sure if I will ever dare to enter the queue to Voltron, since I still find Blue Fire a daunting experience...

On the other hand maybe it was never planned to open with the first day in March. Crowd management and fine tuning in real world operation would be much easier later in April when no one has holidays.

It's not good, but Hyperia is the same.

EP in areas can be given some flack (how does Bobbhan ride so badly? Why does JBs ball store not have a picture of Balsdon on it?) but this isn't a broken promise. It's disappointing but not flack worthy.

I’m guessing they have never officially said when it would open, I don’t think they’re even hinted towards the start of the season.

Maybe that’s always been their aim, but I guess by never revealing their cards, by not announcing a date yet, they aren’t really upsetting anyone.

It’s very much the same as Thorpe, they’ve never given a date for their ride and still just say Spring.

Thorpe have only just put in the last bit of track though so anyone following construction would know it's still a long way off, this thing was up nearly a year ago. The closest equivalent I can think of is Chiapas, which also caught a lot of people out by failing to open at the start of the season having been widely expected to open the previous year.

My post was more an observation around the lack of discussion and/or criticism on this thread about the fact the coaster won’t be ready for the start of the season, it just seemed a little tumble weed in terms of referencing the frustration around the delays compared to the discussion that happens for other parks (specifically Merlin) in similar circumstances.

Of course the discussion seems to have moved on now and a few folks including yourself have shared their views on the matter.
Just going back to this comment, about the lack of discussion. I think it has more to do with the way people post in this forum vs the UK park discussion. Their's a higher ratio of 'update' posts rather than 'opinion' posts as for many of us this is our main feed for EP news. When someone does post an opinion their's also less need for everyone to add to what has already been said.

For anyone that has booker to visit at the start of the season there's probably even more reason to be upset than normal as it might be a long time before their next trip. I've been burnt by an EP late opening before, missing out on CanCan by a day (and that was in September! A date I was certain it must be open by). Unfortunately just like what happened here there was so much fan speculation that it would be open by then that even when the date was announced I had people convincing me it would soft open, which again never happened.

The thing with Europa, that we should all be used to by now, is that they don't have the same pressure as other parks to hit deadlines. They know their lineup is already good enough, and the backlash of opening a half finished ride will be far worse than opening late. This is why the two fires have been dealt with far more urgently, as they both left holes in the parks existing lineup.
Once the ride actually opens no one will care that it was delayed. But a bad opening (in this case a hit to their throughput, one of the things they are proudest of) will be remembered.

Thorpe have only just put in the last bit of track though so anyone following construction would know it's still a long way off, this thing was up nearly a year ago. The closest equivalent I can think of is Chiapas, which also caught a lot of people out by failing to open at the start of the season having been widely expected to open the previous year.

These things happen though. You can be disappointed but i don't think there's any justification for anger towards the park unless they've publicly given an opening date, put tickets on sale and then not met it.

These things happen though. You can be disappointed but i don't think there's any justification for anger towards the park unless they've publicly given an opening date, put tickets on sale and then not met it.

I don’t think people are angry.

I may be starting to question their project management competence as an organisation alongside their fire prevention competence but that doesn’t mean I’m angry 😂

The closest equivalent I can think of is Chiapas, which also caught a lot of people out by failing to open at the start of the season having been widely expected to open the previous year.
Chiapas did open at the start of the 2014 season after failing to be finished in time for summer 2013.

As for communication the park themselves have never said more than Spring 2024 officially.
Only in the local press last year did Roland mention season start (as for the Alpen rebuild too); which has perhaps caused a little bit of confusion and annoyance for EP's press team. (although regardless of his occasional unofficial remarks I'm sure the marketing team are still rather happy to work with Roland over likes of Amanda Thompson :tearsofjoy:)

I was thinking Volly-T but this could easily get confused with Voletarium. It is somewhat amusing that a typical start to a day at EP could quite easily end up being VOLetarium, followed by VOLo da Vinci before they open the gates into France, then onto VOLtron.