• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

1692226705697.png
come on look at his smirk into the camera, he knows what he's doing, as much as I want it to be an RMC I'm wondering if they are making it a bit too obvious to be true and just playing around with the RMC Wen? meme

But i would like to play along just a little bit and say that this whole OO thing, could we see a ride commemorating John Broome since there are two Os in his name too?

In fairness there could be something here for the next project after Horizon. Or Chessington? I bet both are already in the design stage.

1692226705697.png
come on look at his smirk into the camera, he knows what he's doing, as much as I want it to be an RMC I'm wondering if they are making it a bit too obvious to be true and just playing around with the RMC Wen? meme

But i would like to play along just a little bit and say that this whole OO thing, could we see a ride commemorating John Broome since there are two Os in his name too?
as he didn’t pass away until a long time after this came to fruition, I do somehow doubt it.

I think it’s unlikely that Horizon will be an RMC, but that’s not to say that Merlin aren’t working with RMC for another future attraction at Towers and/or another park.

Having loved both the Tower of Terror and Knightmare at Camelot I’d take that!

Hell, I’d be happy for them to just buy one of the few looping ones still out there refurb it and stick it in the park.
How are you going to fit Knightmare into the shed...Fold it up?
Getting high on the thoosie vapours again.

Maybe there will be another couple of videos in due course but teasing different manufacturers, just to keep people guessing.

If they were going out of their way to pull our leg... why suggest something as revered as an RMC, then ultimately disappoint in a year's time by revealing it's a relocated X: No Way Out?

I'd joke with something good... then reveal something great.

If they were going out of their way to pull our leg... why suggest something as revered as an RMC, then ultimately disappoint in a year's time by revealing it's a relocated X: No Way Out?

I'd joke with something good... then reveal something great.
Who would it disappoint? The minority who actually know what an RMC is? It doesn't need to be an RMC to impress. Intamin, Mack, Zierer, heck even Zamperla with their factory coaster, can do the trick.

Who would it disappoint? The minority who actually know what an RMC is? It doesn't need to be an RMC to impress. Intamin, Mack, Zierer, heck even Zamperla with their factory coaster, can do the trick.

A minority, yes, but that minority is who this specific marketing is targeted at.

You're right though, it absolutely doesn't have to be an RMC to impress. However, I do think that a lot of people tend to hang onto or get excited about these things and it could be a little short-sighted of Towers to not see that.

Not that it's gong to have any detrimental effect on anything! I was just pointing out that I wouldn't do the marketing that way round.

If im not mistaken to open early 2025 shouldnt construction on the site be starting soon. Maybe this announcement is to generate interest in the community before work starts as id assume we wont be having many updates during the process

If this is a joke by AT then its shithousery of the highest order.

Just looking at the ride images released by RMC it looks like a ride that can fit in a building so if its not AT ill be interesting where this coaster is going.

The hints by John Burton and the announcement by RMC may not be connected of course. Its likely John is hinting at an RMC coming at some point, but it is not certain that the images released by RMC are anything to do with AT or even a UK park.

John Burton is a clever bloke. Done some good things lately, and obviously knows his enthusiast community - he knows full well that teasing an RMC isn't the thing to do, on roller-coaster day, if it wasn't true. I just can't see him doing that unless there was truth in it.

The fact they went out their way to include that question in the video, to get a RMC cup and drink out of it, to mention the word 'Horizon' in the sentence, and then that little sly smile at the camera. It's literally a tease that Project Horizon is using RMC as the manufacturer.

All this little hints of 'OO' from RMC themselves as well. And their use of the word 'WILD' whilst posting images and emojis of trees. Could that be a reference to altOn tOwers and the old WILD Mouse? As in the area in which project horizon is, is the old area for the wild mouse? Who knows.

Can't wait to see the next teaser, whenever that may be

The way ive looked at it is this. RMC are not going to announce a new ride on Friday that has not been announced by a park already and they wont be announcing a ride that would open in 2026 and beyond. How many parks have announced a new ride for 2025 and out of those how many have announced an indoor coaster.

That is why im thinking itll be project horizon

The way ive looked at it is this. RMC are not going to announce a new ride on Friday that has not been announced by a park already and they wont be announcing a ride that would open in 2026 and beyond. How many parks have announced a new ride for 2025 and out of those how many have announced an indoor coaster.

PH hasn't been announced, though. Everything we know so far is from the planning application.

They've not confirmed they're announcing a new ride. It'll be a product reveal, giving more information on the capabilities of the new family coaster model. This does not mean it'll be Horizon.

John Burton is a clever bloke. Done some good things lately, and obviously knows his enthusiast community - he knows full well that teasing an RMC isn't the thing to do, on roller-coaster day, if it wasn't true. I just can't see him doing that unless there was truth in it.
You see, I disagree completely. If I was John Burton that's exactly what I would do. If it was an RMC I wouldn't choose to "accidentally" refer to it in my video