• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

I think I'd prefer the rumoured Les Dennis Land to anything to do with Jumanji or Lego and (shudder) anything like Ninjago. Who remembers when these parks had their own unique characters?

If its not Jumanji it'll be an IP of some sort.

That I'm confident of.

A coaster. If it is thisnis SW9. If not then I'm probably more excited.

Is the consultation free to attend or will I get stung for parking? I'm coming back from Manchester around that time so may swing in but don't wanna get stung for the rip off parking costs for an hour

Is the consultation free to attend or will I get stung for parking? I'm coming back from Manchester around that time so may swing in but don't wanna get stung for the rip off parking costs for an hour
Based on the Thorpe and Chessington ones, I'd assume that they will be checking that you're a local resident to stop the room from being over-run with enthusiasts who've travelled far to hear about the plans.

I seem to remember hearing that Thorpe and Chessington checked people were locals, anyway, although I could be wrong there.

Based on the Thorpe and Chessington ones, I'd assume that they will be checking that you're a local resident to stop the room from being over-run with enthusiasts who've travelled far to hear about the plans.

I seem to remember hearing that Thorpe and Chessington checked people were locals, anyway, although I could be wrong there.

So we can't just turn up then?
I've got a friend who lives in Stafford- could pretend to be him 😆

The consultation is for local residents who live by the park and have to experience both the positive and negative effects of being next to it day in day out.

I’m sure they want to have the opportunity to attend the event to see the plans and speak to the Towers representatives to establish what impact, if any this will have on their lives.

They don’t need that chance scuppered because the room is full of enthusiasts who could just read the info on the internet 2hours after the event anyway.

Last edited:
Madame Tussauds don't make much noise, so the consultation should be little more than a formality.

The consultation is for local residents who live by the park and have to experience both the positive and negative effects of being next to it day in day out.

I’m sure they want to have the opportunity to attend the event to see the plans and speak to the Towers representatives to establish what impact, if any this will have on their lives.

They don’t need that chance scuppered because the room is full of enthusiasts who could just read the info on the internet 2hours after the event anyway.
Tbf just says public...

I remember when Merlin went private, people said nothing would change.

Even if you forget about this potential development, the sheer amount of large scale projects going on within Merlin owned parks in the UK right now is unprecedented, in the history of Merlin, by a huge, huge factor. Clearly in the early days of private ownership, capex is going up by a considerable amount.

This development just adds to the excitement. Exciting times are coming.

I remember when Merlin went private, people said nothing would change.

Even if you forget about this potential development, the sheer amount of large scale projects going on within Merlin owned parks in the UK right now is unprecedented, in the history of Merlin, by a huge, huge factor. Clearly in the early days of private ownership, capex is going up by a considerable amount.

This development just adds to the excitement. Exciting times are coming.

I couldn't agree more. This for me is a clear sign of the future. If we can get the support rides in as well the glory days may return

This is very exciting. It’s great to see them wanting to bring this currently wasted large space back into use. Surely it’ll be a whole new land with a flagship ride & a couple of support rides e.g. Jumanji at Chessington. The potential is huge. Can’t wait to find out more.

Will be a guessing game if this true! 😂

Given that guests will have to enter this new area through TWoDW, I'm not convinced the new attraction will be too thrilling. It's more likely to be family-thrill. Therefore, and I'm just putting this out there, I'd love to see a Mack suspended powered coaster, like Arthur at Europa. Would be a fantastic edition and suitable for the whole family, and could have outdoor sections to draw people in. 🙂

Last edited:
A reminder from myself and the team, as this will likely become a busy topic for obvious reasons. Please could we keep discussion on topic and be respectful to each other's opinions. We do not need discussion diverging from the new attraction with sniping and insults being thrown. As reminder of our member expectations, specifically:

Respect other members​

Please treat others how you wish to be treated. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and although things can get heated, avoid getting into direct arguments with others and ensure you contribute in a mature and sensible manner. If your behaviour is brought to the team’s attention, we might need to contact you to discuss further and/or edit or remove the problem posts. Repeat offenders may risk changes being made to their posting rights – and we wouldn’t want to do that!
If you have issues with another member, please resolve it privately rather than publicly in a discussion topic or contact a team member for assistance. Should you feel a post goes against our member expectations, including respecting other members then please ignore the offending post/content and instead hit the report button. This will allow a team member to review and deal with it. Responding to it publicly simply causes discussion to move even more off topic, and results in considerably more work to try and clean up discussion.

Thanks in advance.

I was thinking about the possibility of it being a water coaster or indoor flume type ride. Something like that would tick a couple of boxes for Towers. They could always do with more indoor attractions due to the uk weather, and they are severely lacking a good water ride nowadays. Give Valhalla a run for it’s money, it’ll probably end up opening before that does anyway.

I was thinking about the possibility of it being a water coaster or indoor flume type ride. Something like that would tick a couple of boxes for Towers. They could always do with more indoor attractions due to the uk weather, and they are severely lacking a good water ride nowadays. Give Valhalla a run for it’s money, it’ll probably end up opening before that does anyway.

A water ride is a good shout, but do they have the infrastructure in that area of the park to do this?

Given that guests will have to enter this new area through TWoDW, I'm not convinced the new attraction will be too thrilling. It's more likely to be family-thrill. Therefore, and I'm just putting this out there, I'd love to see a Mack suspended powered coaster, like Arthur at Europa. Would be a fantastic edition and suitable for the whole family, and could have outdoor sections to draw people in. 🙂
I will almost guarantee you that guests will not enter this new area through Walliams World. If TWoDW is still in the park by the time a ride opens on coaster corner, the area will shrink and the Royal Carousel will be relocated, so the entrance will not be where it currently is.