• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Cue 10 pages discussing drains.

‘Why have they put a drain by there’

‘There is one extra drain it must be a water ride’

‘I cannot believe the drains will be black’

‘Towers don’t need to change the look of the drains, fans have loved them since 1994’
It can’t be a rollercoaster as if it was they certainly would have said so in the drainage report….

Case closed!

Cue 10 pages discussing drains.

‘Why have they put a drain by there’

‘There is one extra drain it must be a water ride’

‘I cannot believe the drains will be black’

‘Towers don’t need to change the look of the drains, fans have loved them since 1994’

You missed one - “What sort of drains do you think they’d be looking at if Tussaud’s were still in charge?”

Confirmation that Project Horizon is SW9?

Team Edit: As mentioned in Guest Services, video embeds should include a description at the very least when posting. The below description has been added by the team.

In the below interview with John Wardley when discussing IPs vs Original IPs for SW9, the host asks John if his comments are confirmation that SW9 is Project Horizon. Although he does not confirm outright, his reaction suggests this is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
As we now have a (kind of) confirmation of Horizon being SW9, I've locked the SW9 topic. Please continue discussion here.

And again, I know it's fine to have the odd humorous post but one after the next and the next is tiresome to say the least. Keep things constructive please!

My thoughts on that are just that it sounds like SW9/Project Horizon will be a unique theme, and not have an IP slapped on it, which pleases me more than anything. I hope this will stop the endless circles of discussion about PH being a coaster or not, as honestly this all but confirms it (despite not 100% confirming it, it seems to be a given).

I won't discuss the others things here as it's the Project Horizon thread, but Nemesis and Duel definitely sound very exciting and Sub-Terra is even alluded to by Sean at the end as well.

I can't say I'm sure of the idea of SW9 being an indoor coaster but it'll be interesting. It's certainly a niche market as there isn't many indoor coasters in the world so if towers were to theme it very well then I'm sure it'd be a class attraction. Another benefit is with the unpredictable weather in the uk it means that this coaster will never have to close when it's too cold, too warm, chucking it down etc

The best thing to come out of this is Wardley suggesting that it is going to be an original theme and not an IP. And with all but confirmation that it is SW9, perhaps we can all now agree that it is a coaster?

The best thing to come out of this is Wardley suggesting that it is going to be an original theme and not an IP. And with all but confirmation that it is SW9, perhaps we can all now agree that it is a coaster?
I think even when it opens with a rollercoaster inside the building people are still going to try and make an argument that it's not a rollercoaster at this point.

It's certainly a niche market as there isn't many indoor coasters in the world so if towers were to theme it very well then I'm sure it'd be a class attraction. Another benefit is with the unpredictable weather in the uk it means that this coaster will never have to close when it's too cold, too warm, chucking it down etc
Are you kidding? There are loads of indoor coasters across the world, some of which are outrageous fun. If Horizon turns out to be something like Laff Track or Van Helsings Factory, I'd be thrilled. Alas, I suspect the Intamin/Zamperla multi-dimension coaster route is the more likely option at this stage, but an indoor coaster is the logical next step in Towers' coaster line up.

Are you kidding? There are loads of indoor coasters across the world, some of which are outrageous fun. If Horizon turns out to be something like Laff Track or Van Helsings Factory, I'd be thrilled. Alas, I suspect the Intamin/Zamperla multi-dimension coaster route is the more likely option at this stage, but an indoor coaster is the logical next step in Towers' coaster line up.
Sorry I meant there aren't many high quality indoor coasters. A lot of them look average to me. We've certainly seen far better outdoor coasters although tbf there's only so much you can do when restricted in a building. What I mean to say is if merlin get it right, they could genuinely produce the best indoor coaster in the world for sure. Don't think they have the capability to reach those peaks with outdoor coasters as the quality of outdoor coasters is just so ridiculously high now

All the space mountains, Euro Can sat Can, Van Helsings Factory, Mindbender. Off the top of my head those are high quality indoor coasters.

All the space mountains, Euro Can sat Can, Van Helsings Factory, Mindbender. Off the top of my head those are high quality indoor coasters.
Imagine an indoor taron with loads of theming. If towers can produce something like that then it would be better than the space mountains