• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Well, RMC did post this yesterday on Twitter. I know that they like to tease but this is a little intriguing…

db7f41a529c7e34bb58214c1dea46cc3.jpg

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/15s10j0/discussion_this_was_recently_posted_by_rocky/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen the teeny dinosaur in that image on the bottom right. Wonder what that’s all about

Worth noting as well that Fire in the Hole's budget is £24m~ (for a revamp of an existing attraction, albeit an incredibly extensive one) compared to Horizon's £12.5m for the entire project, so it still makes me wonder what that budget actually refers to? Seems to be very similar dimensions on the two rides, too.

Well now that RMC is all but confirmed that's partially why I've asked -- RMC have quite compact and imaginative inversions so I'd be a bit disappointed if the country's first RMC doesn't have a few of those elements.

I think we need to not obsess over the 12.5m cost mentioned in the planning application. The law doesn’t require that they put a price in the application, it’s there to say “look council we are investing millions into your local economy.”

I doubt Merlin had the final budget defined when the application went in.

their first sold t-rex coaster, one would assume.
Just putting this out there, what if Project Horizon is an indoor RMC T-Rex? Would be world-first, and we all know how much Merlin likes those.

Also just noticed he’s drinking from an RMC mug.
That can't just be a coincidence, can it? Has got to have been put there for a reason.

Just putting this out there, what if Project Horizon is an indoor RMC T-Rex? Would be world-first, and we all know how much Merlin likes those.
According to a previous interview with Alan Schilke, T-Rex Track is designed for larger single rail coasters of 200ft+, so if Project Horizon was to be a single rail coaster, I think that Raptor Track is more likely.

An RMC Raptor could be an interesting possibility to consider if they are going for a more thrilling ride, particularly as it is quite a space-saving track design. However, the 19.4m building height and the lack of major digging, as per the planning application, lead me to believe that this will probably be a more family-orientated ride. A small space and a low height differential (likely no more than 15-20m) is not very conducive to building a thrill coaster.

If it is an RMC product at all, I’m thinking it would be most likely to be something similar to what Silver Dollar City recently announced.

I love how this has inevitably turned into an RMC topic based on a bit of leg-pulling.

I love how this has inevitably turned into an RMC topic based on a bit of leg-pulling.
How do you know it's leg-pulling though? Could be PH related or it could be something else. We don't know. Hopefully the announcement on Friday will shed more light.

If people want to speculate (and remember that's all we have right now) about the possibility of an RMC then feel free, providing it adds to the topic.

However you could argue that moaning that people are discussing the possibility of an RMC contributes even less. Happy for speculation to be posted until facts appear :)