20XX: Rulantica Monorail

Discussion in 'EuropaStreet Discussion' started by CSLKenny, 1st Oct 2021.

1. CSLKenny

CSLKenny TowersStreet Member

So the long discussed monorail connection between between the EP hotels and Rulantica/Kronasar is moving a step closer. The local authority are meeting to discuss the project next week.

Source

Posted 1st Oct 2021
  2. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    This could be the best investment of the decade if it works out. Connecting the Rulantica area to the rest of the resort is a huge deal.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

CSLKenny, Burbs and Skyscraper like this.
    Posted 2nd Oct 2021
  3. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

It’s definitely needed, for a start as much as i liked kronosar it felt a chore to get between that hotel and the park, a monorail system should make the resort feel a bit more connected.

Burbs likes this.
    Posted 3rd Oct 2021
  4. CSLKenny

This newspaper article with an interview of the mayor of Rust reveals there is more to this project than just a link between the resort halves/replacing the current shuttle bus.

Source

Posted 4th Oct 2021
  5. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    This was unanimously approved today. It will now be built into the development plan for the next few years!

Sam, Charlie Newbold, Rick and 5 others like this.
    Posted 12th Oct 2021
  6. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    I think Europa really needs this and extending to Ringsheim station would only help increase attendance at a park that is constantly growing and creating the next insane thing.

Posted 12th Oct 2021
  7. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    That is excellent news! And I look forward to the day when there is a monorail track above every street in Rust! :p

Jb85 likes this.
    Posted 13th Oct 2021
  8. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

Great news and quite badly needed to link the hotels up into what feels more like one resort, rather than Kronasar being the pretty but currently isolated cousin.

I wonder what the park station may look like. I know it’s intended to link up to around El Andaluz, but are we likely to see an interchange with the EP Express (is there even room given the current station’s position right next to the road?). I like the idea of easily being able to reach Rulantica from say Deutsche Allee, with a properly integrated transportation system, rather than jumping from monorail to a slightly clunky shuttle bus.

Posted 13th Oct 2021
  9. Dogdangling

Dogdangling TowersStreet Member

I wonder why the built it so far away. Surely there was land closer to the main care parks or across from Lidl. Unless this land (if owned by Mack) is being kept for something else.

Posted 13th Oct 2021
  10. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

Whilst Rust has a very close relationship with Europa-Park, they also have some very specific zoning laws for the town. I doubt they’ll allow further expansion too close to the village, especially after they’ve already started cracking down on new guesthouse accommodation to try and ensure there’s enough residential housing. Remember as much as Europa-Park needs to grow, so does Rust as a town.

Moving the resort parts like Rulantica and Kronosar further back from Rust helps take the traffic away from the local roads, as they don’t get into the town itself. Eventually (and this is a long time in the future), you’ll likely see car parks moved back toward the motorway, and the monorail expanded to cover that and the station as mentioned in the article. The car park land could then perhaps be used for park expansion further down the line.

Alsty and MattyH like this.
  11. CSLKenny

Rust has posted one of the planning documents for the new monorail covering the section land needed between the EP hotels and Lidl/Edeka supermarkets. As previously mentioned it runs primarily over/beside the main road. Interestingly beside Bell Rock's parking the marked space heads 'more inland'. Perhaps an additional station at Bell Rock? (the shuttle buses this monorail replaces do stop there after all too)

[​IMG]
    https://www.rust.de/de-de/neues-aus...bebauungsplan-transportsystem-2021-10-21-2081

Rob, AstroDan, Skyscraper and 4 others like this.
  12. venny

Interesting. The layout looks like a shuttle, rather than a loop system. It also suggests there’s not going to be a real interchange with the EP Express as the El Andaluz stop is at the back of the car park away from the other monorail, which inevitably means done car park reconfiguration.

The other change will be how the hotel entrance is now used by more park guests. I wonder whether this may mean some tweaks to its layout/useage.

Skyscraper likes this.
  13. Poisson

Poisson TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    I would have thought a station would have been in front of Colosseo for an interchange with the normal system via the subway. That plan looks twin tracked so a pair of units working shuttle would make sense. I imagine if and when they expand it might become a loop. Park end looks like an island centre platform with a head shunt possibly?

Skyscraper likes this.
  14. Ramius

Ramius TowersStreet Member

The EP Express is from Roll and the new monorail is from Mack. So i can't see how these two systems could interchange.

15. Poisson

Poisson TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    As long as the Mack system was built to the same gauge and used the same power system, they can share tracks. Monorails aren't exactly some impossible systems to engineer with, a bit like re-training a coaster.

My suggestion was to have one station one side of the road outside Colosseo and the other one other side of the road where it is now allowing guests to walk the tunnel and either enter via hotel entrance or take the existing EP Express to Spain/Greece/Morrisons whatever.

16. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    It needs to be a smaller scale of Epcot/Ticket Centre/MK. Near Colosseo you can have an interchange.

Of course, most hotel guests enter by Colosseo anyway.

MattyH likes this.
  17. CSLKenny

The blue line shows the monorail route being proposed. This Thursday it will be decided whether they allow the necessary changes to the area development plan for it to be built.

Posted 8th Dec 2021
  18. venny

It’s good to see this coming to fruition. It’s been needed since the opening of Rulantica/Kronasar.

MattyH, Skyscraper and AstroDan like this.
    Posted 8th Dec 2021