• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[20XX]: Rulantica Monorail

The usage of the term 'monorail' is interesting as it does suggest a 'true' monorail, however, you do wonder if that the drawings/ plans are suggesting. To me, it looks more like a plan for an elevated people mover/ cable liner - which would require less maintenance and no drivers. This is all conjecture, however, I'm sure the plans and drawings are purposefully vague to allow the design to be changed as the project comes into fruition.

It would have been nice if they could have continued the system to link to the Train Station - but I'm sure there would have been lots of politics around that!

If you look at the layout, the sinuous curves suggest that it’s not a cableway system since that would have to generally be in straight lines. Equally, if it were a true peoplemover-style system, there would need to be a turnaround at each end of the track - the plans instead show a terminus setup.

If you look at the layout, the sinuous curves suggest that it’s not a cableway system since that would have to generally be in straight lines. Equally, if it were a true peoplemover-style system, there would need to be a turnaround at each end of the track - the plans instead show a terminus setup.

Birmingham Airport operate a cableway, shuttle 'monorail' with lots of curves in. As can be seen here. That said, I have my resevervations.

1000016297.jpg

1000016298.jpg

I see what you mean, that looks entirely possible.

Although if it’s Mack Rides who are working on it, I do wonder whether they have the existing technology to build a “proper” monorail - their existing ride system is the low capacity model they have in the park and the EP Express is Von Roll I think. Perhaps that means they’ll be developing something new?

I'm sure having operated the Von Roll Monorail for decades now Mack know exactly how it works and would be able to build new track and trains without any issue.

They already extended it once to build Voletarium (at least I think that was an in-house job?)