• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

39 People Stuck on Rameses Revenge Ride at Chessington

I've always found Talocan to be very uncomfortable (with rather too much pressure applied to an area I don't like having pressure applied to). It also lacks the most fun aspect of TopSpins, namely the unlocked high speed rotation of the main arm (aka "fly over"). It's very intense though, and doesn't feature the horrible hang time of Rameses.

If Rameses were replaced by a floorless model I'd probably ride more often than I do now, but I'd far rather just have it operated the way Ripsaw is.

Just thought I'd mention that Chessington featured on this weeks Watchdog - two parks in 2 months, not good publicity for Merlin!

There was a time when I loved Top Spins, but as the years have gone by, they've lost their appeal to me, mostly down to reliability issues and the fact that I hate water rides these days, except tame ones that are hardly classed as water rides.

I'd be happy to see RR go and be replaced by a new age thrill flat ride, though I foresee it being more likely to be replaced by a kids flat ride instead...

JordanC said:
Just thought I'd mention that Chessington featured on this weeks Watchdog - two parks in 2 months, not good publicity for Merlin!

Not even that, it's more like 3 weeks. Poor Chessie, they seem to be having a bit of a Mare this year :'(

djtruefitt said:
Has anyone got any more news on this? Is the ride still covered up or are there any photos around of it?

Visited Chessie yesterday. Basically the ride is completely covered up with a blue and white sheet, though it isn't hard to guess about the restraints - I could tell by how close the sheet was to the back of the seats. There is a staff member stood outside the entrance, clearly to 'inform' guests that the ride is closed but I noticed that a couple of other staff members would wander around the area, presumably to stop people taking photos.

Another thing I noticed whilst sat in the area was the number of guests commenting on the ride in terms of saying 'Oh yeah, that's closed cause of what happened on the news.' Not surprising considering the coverage this incident got off the media.

It looks like it is going to one of the BAD years at Chessington. They seemed to be getting it really right for a while but now with the sorry state of Dragon Falls, RMT, Zufari being very underwhelming and now this it aint looking good!

To be honest they shouldn't be intimidating people into not taking them or asking them to delete them (if they have).

DSC08365.jpg

Taken from ThemeUKs most recent blog entry.

Surely they've got to reduce the entry price? I mean they're down two fairly major attractions, and although they actually have a new ride for this year, when I visited the place looked like a giant construction site?

I know the terms and conditions don't say they have to reduce the price but they're charging a premium price for a less than premium product.