• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Air or Galactica?

Air or Galactica?

• Total voters
I assume all 3 crafts have finally had any left over VR removed. I know last year some still lingered, did not see any last week. God the money wasted.

Also as you come over the bridge and down to que for platform 1 the galatica vinyl is all peeling away and you can still see where the duct tape held up the sign saying non vr . Messy !

The is Merlin entertainments were talking about sadly, they never clean or maintain anything up for the sake of it unlike other parks sadly :(
If people are still riding it, even in an unkempt state, they'll see nothing wrong with it and will do nothing.
They do do maintenance that they don’t necessarily have to do. For instance, in the 2020/21 off-season, Wicker Man had loads of work done (loads of new smoke machines, retracking work), and in the 2021/22 season, they reinstalled the screens and replaced the bulb in the pre-show!

And even away from Wicker Man; they did that big paint job on Battle Galleons (which isn’t exactly a popular ride for the bulk of the year), they did some touching up on Congo River Rapids, they touched up Thirteen, Runaway Mine Train had some touching up done… I could go on!

With that in mind, I don’t see why Merlin wouldn’t clean Galactica if it needed it.

Merlin do less than minimum cleaning and theming maintenance. I entered Phantasialand early doors before the rides opened this morning and there were people floor machining walk ways and dusting high up windows and arch ways. This stuff rarely happens at Towers on an even annual basis. Wickerman is being looked after because it's new so I'll give them that but most of the park is well overdue.

They wait until it's falling apart or caked in green stuff, add another few years then either remove it entirely or just slop purple paint on it.

Galactica had it's track cleaned a few years ago, so they'll probably wait another 10 untill they do it again.

Wasn't Airs observation point built over for Galacticas Gift Shop?

If Galactica was rethemed back to air, could we have seen the unused section of the gift Shop that's now boarded up be Airs new gift shop and the current space where guests exit the ride be reused as the new observation point?

Wasn't Airs observation point built over for Galacticas Gift Shop?

If Galactica was rethemed back to air, could we have seen the unused section of the gift Shop that's now boarded up be Airs new gift shop and the current space where guests exit the ride be reused as the new observation point?
Remember that the Rollercoaster Restaurant is in the bit where Airs shop was. When RR was installed they built an extension onto where the old fire exit was,

Remember that the Rollercoaster Restaurant is in the bit where Airs shop was. When RR was installed they built an extension onto where the old fire exit was,
I know, but now half of Galacticas gift shop has been boarded up since it's retheme with a contemporary wall. I'm just saying that they could use that as as Airs new gift shop and have the current gift shop be the new observation point.

Last edited:
I know, but now half of Galacticas gift shop has been boarded up since it's retheme with a contemporary wall. I'm just saying that they could use that as as Airs new gift shop and have the current gift shop be the new observation point.
I love your sense of optimism and consideration for the guest experience. I also love your use of the word 'contemporary' - you're good at polishing things up!

You'll never get a job at Towers 😄

I have to admit to being glad that VR has been removed. Whilst I was somewhat impressed with the novelty when it was first installed, the decimation on throughputs and absolutely atrocious technical issues means that it really is better off gone. I still call it Air!

Isn't it funny that CanCan Coaster can run VR really quite successfully, and yet it doesn't impact on normal ride operations. Must be to do with the amount of forethought, planning and dedication put in? 🤷‍♀️

I love your sense of optimism and consideration for the guest experience. I also love your use of the word 'contemporary' - you're good at polishing things up!

You'll never get a job at Towers 😄

I have to admit to being glad that VR has been removed. Whilst I was somewhat impressed with the novelty when it was first installed, the decimation on throughputs and absolutely atrocious technical issues means that it really is better off gone. I still call it Air!

Isn't it funny that CanCan Coaster can run VR really quite successfully, and yet it doesn't impact on normal ride operations. Must be to do with the amount of forethought, planning and dedication put in? 🤷‍♀️
I'm not sure if this is a compliment, an insult, or both...

Also yeah, thank goodness the VR is gone, much prefer it without the VR.

Galactica felt like the dirtiest, most rundown and generally unloved attraction at the park. It could be improved greatly with relatively little work or cost and the abandonment of the 'new' theme which makes no sense now.

Also seemed to be having a ton of restraint sensor issues, with most dispatches delayed with a small rollcall of ankle restraints that needed a kick. Haven't seen it have this problem for a long time.