• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

All Day Dining

Kaycee said:
Nearly an extra £30 to stuff yourself silly on food!?!? All Day Dining just reached the dizzy highs of Platinum Fastrack as a 'stupid tax'. If you really are going to pay that much for a day's food, you deserve everything you get, in my crushingly honest and largely irrelevant opinion. :D

That's a crazy increase over a season! Does it actually sell? Where can I find a job that allows me to spend such extortionate amounts on food, and put £1 in a machine that will let me shoot water ten times at girls' perfectly blow-dried hair?

Where can I find a job that lets me go to several places as much as I like for a year? Its called saving! If someone was doing this on a regular basis I would agree but as a one off for part of a trip? You could ask where can you find a job that allows you pay £150 to stay overnight in a hotel. The point again is its a one time deal.

When I went earlier in the year with a bunch of workmates it was a great tool to use so that no one had to worry about what they were spending, where and when.

However I do agree with the stupidity of pay £1 to spray water.

£30 - ouch!!! the only way this would work out in your favour is it you went to outlets rather than sit down restaurants and bought food for everyone in your group while moving from outlet to outlet. At most in a day I spend a tenner on food. £30 is just crazy (unless your the size of a house, unable to fit on any of the rides and therefore, enjoy sitting in restaurants all day as there is nothing much else to do).

I believe Josh & I will be trialling this on Wednesday! Very expensive indeed, but I'd love to just stuff my face all day long! Three meals, snacks and drinks all day long! Could easily spend £23 on food there without worrying about money :)
Definatly aiming to spend as much as possible :D
Will get back to you all on if it was worth it & If we feel out of pocket =]

Ellie said:
I believe Josh & I will be trialling this on Wednesday! Very expensive indeed, but I'd love to just stuff my face all day long! Three meals, snacks and drinks all day long! Could easily spend £23 on food there without worrying about money :)
Definatly aiming to spend as much as possible :D
Will get back to you all on if it was worth it & If we feel out of pocket =]
I still think three meals a day, at a Theme Park, with lots of walking throughout, plus high intensity rides will not be a pleasant result to anyone other than Merlin & their pocket!

Bringing a topic a year out.

Been looking at the website, and they seemingly now have a dining package including hotel food (not emperors unfortunately).

The cost is £60 per adult. Just wondering if anyone staying in the hotel recently/over scarefest has taken use of this offer, and if it's per day/per two days/per stay? Seems rather.. expensive if its just one day as it'd suggest you'd spend over £30 easily in one of the hotel restuarants in the evening just to make it worth it.

Looking at Disney and Universal dining plans (which this was based on), i've wondered why it's been sold as unlimited and at a high price. Surely, giving a "dining plan" with limited offers but at a far more appealing price - which Disney & Universal do - one main meal, one smaller afternoon meal and a couple of snacks, would hit off much better with a far better control on costs?

I guess the difference is that Disney and Universal have so many eating options across multiple parks and hotels that they can offer different tiers and choice of eating places. Towers don't really have that luxury so just do an unlimited package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

£59.95 is a LOT of money. Its for the day. If you consider if your staying in the hotel anyway you get breakfast so that excludes the morning.

Lunch in pizza and pasta £9.95
A burger or snack in the afternoon and 2 drinks £10
Main course meal in Secret Garden and a drink £20

£39.95

You would have to eat and drink a lot to make £59.95 value for money!!!!!

Wouldnt really recommend buying this, id much rather be sitting in the Pizza & Pasta buffet stuffing my face.. Mmmm.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

While we are on the subject of All Day Dining. It is available for Scarefest and unlike last year, it costs the same as it does on a normal day! You are therefore getting much more for you money as you are on park for another 3 or 4 hours compared to the main season, and are more likely to have two meals.

Yup, it's exactly the same price as during season, however it's also the same price as it was last scarefest (Prices never lowered I believe?).

I still believe they should go through a dining plan way - for a set price, get a meal or two, set amount of snacks and a refillable flask. This should be more popular, more value for money, and protect any margins or abuse from happening.