• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers 2017 - Wishlist

I'm trying to be as realistic as possible and accepting closed off peak days and food outlet closures but in return would want the following-

* Hex to reopen.
* sub terra to reopen (minus the actors to save on costs)
* Begin air con installation programme in hotels.
* Water park opening hours restored to pre 2016 season levels.
* TLC and reopen spa aqua rooms.
* Blade to remain for another season.
* Driving school retheme and reopened.
* Wobble world refitted and reopened.
* Pirate show and courtyard bbq restored.
* Nemesis station and track finished.
* TLC the entirety of X Sector with special attention on Oblivion and it's queue line.
* Much longer opening hours for the park on peak days.
* Effects on Duel fixed.

What I expect to see however-

* Hex reopens
* Nemesis station and track finished.
* Slight relaxion of opening hours, perhaps open half hour later on the odd day and an extra day here and there.
* Aqua rooms re open mid season completely unchanged.
* More fences erected
* The odd lick of white paint clumsily slapped around under the guise of TLC.

I hope to be proved wrong......

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The only thing I could think to add is to fill the Ripsaw shaped void. Anything must be better than a dingy with a stick in it, a Zamperla Backlash will do.

I would love
  • More new audio and announcements round the park. Really should change them cheesy Spinball whizzer queueline announcements.
  • More entertainment brought in/ back (Towers street performers back)
  • Hex reopening
  • SW8 build up and for construction to start.
  • Work on the gardens, the lakes and water features are looking awful and need some TLC!
  • New VR video on Galactica with different locations
  • Better working VR on Galactica
  • Bigger nod to the park heritage, they could really utilize it more and get a different type of visitor in.
  • Trommel in Duel working more (I can only but wish) ;)
I have personally had a fantastic season :D Though some of the little things have annoyed me like poor throughput and the gardens looking quite messy.

Park open every day from start of season to the end of season

Open till late for some summer evenings. Going home at 5 on a glorious summers day always winds me up.

I would rather have the park closed on quiet Tuesdays and Wednesdays in April/May and September and then open later on the busy summer days. Being closed on super quiet weekdays makes some sense, closing at 5pm on a busy summer Saturday with awesome weather makes no sense.

I also want to see Hex open, without any stupid changes.
The Spa to reopen with improved changing rooms.
Proper opening hours for the waterpark. In the summer you should be able to swim until 9pm!
A new sensible pricing stratergy, with less reliance on Kelloggs vouchers.

Being closed on super quiet weekdays makes some sense,

Opening on quiet days makes perfect sense to me, I like it when the park is quiet, I also like to choose when I would like to visit in order to fit around my scheduled, and I also like to decide when to go subject to the weather, but that is me just being selfish :p . You can never tell when the park is going to be busy, I've visited the park before now on two consecutive days during the off season and it can be a big contrast on how busy the days are can be.

I also agree that there should also be later opening times during the summer. I know in the past, if the park is busy, they then extend the opening times on the day accordingly. Another alternative is to have special summer night late opening on selected dates.

Opening on quiet days makes perfect sense to me, I like it when the park is quiet, I also like to choose when I would like to visit in order to fit around my scheduled, and I also like to decide when to go subject to the weather, but that is me just being selfish :p . You can never tell when the park is going to be busy, I've visited the park before now on two consecutive days during the off season and it can be a big contrast on how busy the days are can be.

I also agree that there should also be later opening times during the summer. I know in the past, if the park is busy, they then extend the opening times on the day accordingly. Another alternative is to have special summer night late opening on selected dates.

Oh as a guest the quiet weekdays can be great, but some days it feels like there are just as many guests as staff and obviously then the park just isn't making the money to be worth opening. Closing on Tuesday/Wednesday still gives three weekdays.

But mainly I think longer summer days is a better use of staff payroll than quiet September weekdays.

Oh as a guest the quiet weekdays can be great, but some days it feels like there are just as many guests as staff and obviously then the park just isn't making the money to be worth opening. Closing on Tuesday/Wednesday still gives three weekdays.

But mainly I think longer summer days is a better use of staff payroll than quiet September weekdays.

I'm a pass holder and I expect 12 months unlimited fun as advertised :mad: ;)

Gate numbers has nothing to do with how much money the Towers makes. As a pass holder scanning into the turnstiles does not increase the towers turnover, Merlin already has taken my money which is lining their pockets :rolleyes:

I understand the logic behind closing on quiet days, however for many enthusiasts, these are the best days to visit. I love the park when it's quiet.

I'm a pass holder and I expect 12 months unlimited fun as advertised :mad: ;)

Gate numbers has nothing to do with how much money the Towers makes. As a pass holder scanning into the turnstiles does not increase the towers turnover, Merlin already has taken my money which is lining their pockets :rolleyes:

In which case if it is only passholders coming on those quiet weekdays there is even less reason to open ;-) As you say, they already have your money. In that sense gate numbers still have something to do with how much they make, but the type of ticket is even more important than just how many go through the gate.

2017 Wishlist:
Rides open
Food places open
No fences (were at a theme park no Homebase)
Park open
A ritual of the papers

I've been to the park with my family and mates loads this year and enjoyed it, and spent goodness knows how much in the food outlets and shops. However to move forward for the 2017 season the management need to look to the future NOT the past!!!! 2015 HAS GONE!!!! It will be 2017!!! so heres my ideas for the way forward.
)Fix the effects on Duel, even my kids notice there should be more happening with things swinging out, bats flying, strobes and a working tunnel . Get in fixed!!! surely it wont cost a fortune. How much did VR cost on AIR? and me and my daughter still ride it as AIR.

2)Replace Ripsaw, even if its with same model or an upgraded top spin, it was a family favourite last season and kept the crowds in check, I remember going last summer (in quiet July 2015) and it still had queues to go on it. Its not as expensive as a coaster and wont need planning permission. get it built over closed season and launch as a new attraction for 2017!!!

3)Reopen HEX and Subterra maybe with VR or a bit of a retheme. I didn't manage to go on last year and regret it!!! Its a shame to walk past a built attraction but NOT open!!! Sort it out!! how much has been wasted on DBGT?? Spend it at AT instead and you'll get those scarefest crowds of last week over the summer spending their money!!!

4) Something for my 8 year old to do!! apart from th13teen and runaway train. He misses log flume, Hex, Charlie and Chocolate factory and driving school!!!! So lets retheme Charlie , bring back driving school , Galactica simulation for kids and he's entertained!!! Any parent would be happy to pay the £30-40 for a kids entry then!!!

5) Over summer open till 9pm on selected dates, remember those crowds from last week??? great atmosphere cash registers ringing in kiosks and shops, they could even increase refillable cups to £8 for all you can drink for 11 hours!!! and more fastrack being sold.

I'll be back with more as daughter has ideas too!

A further quick point DO NOT CLOSE WHILLE MY KIDS ARE ON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!!! April it was closed midweek during Easter holidays I emailed AT and got some silly automated email about "we understand your upset" I emailed Merlin and then the email Ping-Pong started but actually spoke to someone. Tomorrow the kids are off for half term and I cant take them to AT, so I'll have to spend my money elsewhere!! DO NOT REPEAT MIDWEEK CLOSURES DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS NEXT YEAR!! Otherwise I will contact Merlin directly and maybe even the mirror too;) If Tesco is not making as much money do they reduce opening hours? close midweek? close deli counter? NO THEY LOOK AT OFFERING AND IMPROVE!!!

Later openings would be amazing, or an event like at Thorpe park for the ap holders in the evening!

)Reopen HEX and Subterra maybe with VR or a bit of a retheme

Please please don't add VR to Hex, its almost perfect as it is. and Sub-Terra wouldn't benefit it from it either, given you are only sat down for two minutes so VR will just mean people walking into each other ;-)

Something for my 8 year old to do!! apart from th13teen and runaway train. He misses log flume, Hex, Charlie and Chocolate factory and driving school!!!! So lets retheme Charlie , bring back driving school , Galactica simulation for kids and he's entertained!!! Any parent would be happy to pay the £30-40 for a kids entry then!!!

This does seem to have been the biggest issue with 2016, no family rides open that aren't CBeebies. So as you say, lots of issues for 6-10 year olds.

A further quick point DO NOT CLOSE WHILLE MY KIDS ARE ON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!!! April it was closed midweek during Easter holidays I emailed AT and got some silly automated email about "we understand your upset" I emailed Merlin and then the email Ping-Pong started but actually spoke to someone. Tomorrow the kids are off for half term and I cant take them to AT, so I'll have to spend my money elsewhere!! DO NOT REPEAT MIDWEEK CLOSURES DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS NEXT YEAR!! Otherwise I will contact Merlin directly and maybe even the mirror too;) If Tesco is not making as much money do they reduce opening hours? close midweek? close deli counter? NO THEY LOOK AT OFFERING AND IMPROVE!!!

Maybe your local schools need to move their half-term to match everyone else ;);)

I agree with the majority of your point and sincerely hope next year will see increased openings, especially during term times. The amount of social media posts I have seen with utter disbelief that AT has been closed during term times would suggest there is demand so lets hope so.

However (Yes I am going to be THAT guy) your analogy with Tesco is wrong. Tesco have slashed 24 hour openings in certain stores, closed/stopped opening stores, closed off certain sections at night, etc... all to save costs.

I don't think anyone can blame AT for saving costs this year. Now the court case is out of the way and all the final costs will have been added up we can hopefully move forward. 2017 does seem to be another year of consolidation however as things pick up we might see a better experience with increased opening hours and rides reopneing. Hopefully a trouble free 2017 season will snowball into a great 2018 with the buzz of the new rides and we will start to see AT back to its best.