• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Burger Kitchen

As CCL already has it's themed eatery so I could see this happening due to the success of Fried Chicken Co. Also with Alton being in the countryside it would be easy for resources.

Also is the rumour just for the CCL BK to go? Or including the Mutiny and FV ones? If so, Sandwich Co for the Mutiny One called Swashbuckling Sarnies and another Burger Co in FV.

Would love to see the BKs gotten rid of at the end of the year.

As long as the bread is similar to Chicken Co (which is fantastic), then they'll be onto a proper winner.

Would be good to see what the mutiny bay and valley units end up being as well.

If its prices were similar to Burger King, then I'd like to see one come just for annual pass discount really.

Rollercoasters4Life said:
When is the BK contract up out of interest?
As far as I'm aware they're on rolling year contracts. Same with Eastern Express. I might be wrong though...

I think the Alton Own Brand food outlets have been a great success, and one of the best things Merlin have done. Although this has lead to them becoming generic food outlets though out the Merlin Brand.

They offer value for money, and even better value when used with AP Discount.

I think a Merlin Burger food outlet would be interesting, as I think it would need to be something different from the burgers at Woodcutters or Courtyard, which I think they will struggle to do.

Maybe replacing BK with the menu from Woodcutters, and replacing Woodcutters with a flat ride or something could work?

Ian

What I would like, is for Alton to really theme a restaurant. How about a burgerloop (the burger equivalent of foodloop at Europa)

BTW I'm convinced BK contact was a fixed term and up at the end of this year?

I'd actually love have a Alton own branded burger kitchen, anything is better than the over priced burger king stuff.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think Burger Kings days are numbered, and if one goes I think they will all go. I think the CCL one will be replaced by a similar Merlin brand, maybe the Burger kitchen, the Mutiny bay one would be great as a Roast and Relish and the one in the Valley could be a sandwich or substation type place?

I don't really mind the BKs, they're not great - but it's fast food, it is what it is.

I've had mixed feelings about own brand food outlets. At least with BK, you pretty much know what you're getting if you've had it elsewhere. There's more risk in buying from own brand places.

Stelios said:
As CCL already has it's themed eatery so I could see this happening due to the success of Fried Chicken Co. Also with Alton being in the countryside it would be easy for resources.

Just a side note but IS Fried Chicken Co. a success? last few times ive been on park they were handing out buy one get one free vouchers to everyone as they came in. to me this would suggest they haven't had the demand for it they had hoped

DaveW said:
Stelios said:

Just a side note but IS Fried Chicken Co. a success? last few times ive been on park they were handing out buy one get one free vouchers to everyone as they came in. to me this would suggest they haven't had the demand for it they had hoped

It's always been busy when I've past it - both inside and out (the new seating area at the year has been full quite often when I have past too!). Also, although they are handing out these vouchers, due to it only being a few staff members doing so it's not like they are being given to everyone. The last time I was there I forgot I had a voucher on me (from a previous visit, but it was still in my wallet) and none of the people around me we're using a voucher either.

I assume as part of the restraunts launch at the park, money was set aside for promotion like this, or they are simply running this promotion as a way to help ease the financial burden on guests. Afterall households don't have the disposable income they used to. They need to make the day out affordable for families on a budget.

I know it's been mentioned before but having Subway would not surely work due to the time it takes to make a sub?

Spark said:
I know it's been mentioned before but having Subway would not surely work due to the time it takes to make a sub?

I would imagine there would be multiple serving points to help with this, but I see where you are coming from!

I heard a rumor today, that it's Burger King's final season this year, and it's going to be replaced by the Burger Kitchen..

Let's hope this is correct. Then it just leaves Eastern Express to get rid of. Then they have completely fazed out the external brands!

Hurrah! :)

I've been twice this season and FCC was both moderately busy. It looked good and the produce is good, although I've just sampled it. It has received good reviews from what I've heard. the inside is busy but it's hard to fill the outside. Next season it will be easier though, especially since the Rehydrator is shut now. I think currently it's doing well but soon will be a success. As enthusiasts, many of us consider it a to be a decent investment to replace KFC. I'm sure as the Burger Kitchen is in a family area which is rather popular and burgers are a more common choice that it would work better and be a success. Alton can also be in control of the recepies with non-branded resteraunts and get feedback.

Stelios said:
I've been twice this season and FCC was both moderately busy. It looked good and the produce is good, although I've just sampled it. It has received good reviews from what I've heard. the inside is busy but it's hard to fill the outside. Next season it will be easier though, especially since the Rehydrator is shut now. I think currently it's doing well but soon will be a success. As enthusiasts, many of us consider it a to be a decent investment to replace KFC. I'm sure as the Burger Kitchen is in a family area which is rather popular and burgers are a more common choice that it would work better and be a success. Alton can also be in control of the recepies with non-branded resteraunts and get feedback.

I have thought though that if BK does go Merlin might keep the open hours of these outlets down to reduce overheads, at least at present this doesn't happen