• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Dreams

I had a dream, that deep under CCL and dark forest. a big cavern exists, with old AT rides build it in. The corkscrew sat there ready. all the toyland tours animatronics came to life as you passed them.

Henry was flopped in a swan boat, swigging from a can of wicked strength lager. looking like he could do with a visits to the dog groomers, complaining about AT retiring him. That It never been the same since he left. and that Henrietta had left him for a dalmatian with a flash car.

I walked past the dolls giving me the evil eye and exited via the Nickelodeon: Outta Control entrance into CCL

I had one the other night where I was queuing for Oblivion with my friends. You also queued through the tunnel it passes through! ;D

I had a dream a few nights ago that I lived in Towers Street. My bedroom window was the ground floor and when you looked out of it you looked onto Towers Street so every morning I could see all the people walking into the park.. it was an exciting dream. ;D

Last night I dreamt that Scorpion Express' queue will be a massive cattle pen, and there wasn't a mountain or any major themeing!! :eek: It was terrifying! :p

I had another alton towers dream last night, after finding a story i wrote as a 13 yr old.
The company in my teenage story part owned Alton towers grounds, and was a business partner. I was at AT looking at the final works on turning part of the towers into a hotel. talk to a entertainer who had a pirate show for the new generation of kids, he was pirate peter.
Then i headed to the crash pad (on site sleeping area) and it was the house on the access road behind oblivion.

Last night, I had a dream that I was somewhere that wasn't Towers, but The Smiler was there. There were no other rides in sight, and it was as though there were open, public previews for The Smiler. The layout was different and the throughput was shocking (more of a nightmare! ;)) but the trains were 8 rows long instead of 4.

Smiler-centipede!

Strange thread for my first new topic post but whatever....

I, like I'm sure many of you have, have had a fair few dreams about going to theme parks but the one that sticks out in my mind the most is one that I had exactly a year ago (thanks to Facebook and it's Memories thing for reminding me), the night before going to Alton Towers with a few friends.

My dream went like this:

As far as I can remember it started off with us already excitedly walking through the park. We started over in Forbidden Valley and had been on Air and Nemesis. Afterwards we made our way over to X-Sector and went on Oblivion and The Smiler. The best thing about it being a dream was no queue times.

After getting the adrenaline rush from Oblivion, my friends and I decided it was time to make our way over to the Dark Forest. So we make our way down past the front of the castle trying to decided what to go on first, and decided to make our decisions based on the length of the queues.

Now, here's where my unconscious brain decided to try and play a trick on me. As we make our way up to I see the sign, that should say 'Dark Forest', actually says 'Ug Land' but for some reason this didn't throw me off. Looking back on it I should have picked that up but it was the next thing which really confused me. As you know, you walk into the Dark Forest and have Rita on your right hand side. But it wasn't... Not even Corkscrew, which would have made sense... Nope. Sitting in Rita's spot was Nemesis...

At this point I said to myself, 'Hang on... Nemesis doesn't go here. That's over the other side of the park.... OH!' Slapped my forehead with an audible slap and said '...I'm dreaming!'

As soon as I said those words I woke up in my room about 10 seconds before my alarm went off. I got up thinking 'weird dream', and set of to actually go to Alton Towers.

So, that was a thing.... Anyone else have any weirdly specific theme park related dreams? Ever get woken up by inconsistencies in the park layout?

Cheers,

Alex

I had one ages ago where the park looked really accurate except for some reason I couldn't see any rides from their queue lines.

Anyway we got in first thing really excited and got in the queue for oblivion. We were in the queue for about an hour and a half/2 hours and I was already getting agitated but when we got to the end there was no ride, no nothing, we were just on another side of the park.

We carried on like this with every queue we got in his being a queue with nothing at the end, yet despite this everyone around us was quite evidently loving the day.

In the end I was fuming and stormed into guest services to complain, but the woman behind the counter just stared at me gone out and said "there have never been rides here" after protesting and getting even more angry she called security to remove me from the park and everyone thought I was mentally ill.

Really bizarre dream that was

We carried on like this with every queue we got in his being a queue with nothing at the end, yet despite this everyone around us was quite evidently loving the day.

In the end I was fuming and stormed into guest services to complain, but the woman behind the counter just stared at me gone out and said "there have never been rides here" after protesting and getting even more angry she called security to remove me from the park and everyone thought I was mentally ill.

Really bizarre dream that was

The way things are going at the moment, it sounds like you may have had a glimpse into the future.