• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers - Filming on rides

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Nova

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Smiler
I’m going to Alton towers soon and I really wanna record on the rides with a go pro hero 11 using a chesty what should I do?

I have done research but like theme park world wide does it and there’s loads of vids of yt all using a go pro to record

I have done research but like theme park world wide does it and there’s loads of vids of yt all using a go pro to record
They either sought permission (details on the link above) or did it without permission.

Permission is unlikely to be granted to random members of the public, and doing so without permission is inadvisable.

Shawn doesn't do it at Alton Towers or any other Merlin park, in fairness. To my knowledge, Shawn only uses a GoPro where park policy allows it.

If Alton Towers' policy forbids it, I would not recommend it. Whether you like it or not, the policy is there for a reason, and safety notwithstanding, you risk either losing your GoPro or Alton Towers catching you and confiscating it. I'm aware that people do film on rides at Alton Towers, but it's very risky and I would not recommend it.

I do understand what you mean but I’m confused when you said Shawn dosnt record on rides at Alton towers but there is videos on his channel recording on rides do you know if he has got permission from the park

quick question if you call team support at Alton towers and say all the mounts your using to record on rides can you get permission to do so

You have more of a chance of being allowed if you have a body mount. As that gets rid of it being a loose article.

But even then, they may not want filming on their rides full stop and can rightfully refuse.

im using a chest mount for the rides and I don’t know if you have a go pro because to attach it to mounts you need to screw it in with a bolt would as a loose article

As others have correctly pointed out, media requests via the press office are the only way you'll be able to film on rides. That is, you'll need to have a decent following for a channel or website which would provide publicity for the park. You won't be able to film on ride as a standard guest.

In addition, you'd need to give around two weeks notice to the press office and provide:
  • Details of how many people will accompany you
  • How your cameras are secured
  • Provide your own risk assessment
  • Completion of Merlin's own health and safety forms
  • Submit proof of your own personal liability insurance (not the park's)
As the press office would be chaperoning you around the park, you'll need to agree a suitable date and time too.

Short answer is - if you're doing this as a hobby, you've not got a chance I'm afraid.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.