• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Merchandise

Looks familiar to me. They did a lot of limited edition runs of stuff for Oblivion that year, I've got a 10th Anniversary bag and badge hiding somewhere.

I have the 2008 anniversary monkey!

:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks familiar to me. They did a lot of limited edition runs of stuff for Oblivion that year, I've got a 10th Anniversary bag and badge hiding somewhere.

If one was that way inclined, one could probably get around £40 for the badge on Ebay.

If one was that way inclined, one could probably get around £40 for the badge on Ebay.

It's always tempting to sell on but I like to keep hold of old Towers merch. May get rid of everything when I'm older and get fed up of having a load of merch in storage. :)

You know the Flume boats etc....

It's gonna be great when the buyers pay by Paypal, collect, then claim that they never received the item, isn't it! Easy money on those signs if you were a scammer. The boats are a pain in the arse, but I could definitely see someone doing a dodgy one on the signs, especially for the silly money they're now going for. Just saying.

Surely AT would make them sign something on collection. Hopefully! As for the signs I had a quick look at eBay and there was no sure fire way to tell that the account was a the genuine AT account. I'm surprised that there doesn't appear to be multiple accounts selling the signs/boats. Yet!

The ironic thing is whoever buys the boats will probably give them better TLC than they ever had at AT.

If you think that Ebay will accept a receipt from anything other than a registered postal company, you'd probably be whistling in the wind. If I was to make my own receipt today and buy one of those boats, Ebay/Paypal would not recognize the receipt. Anyone could print one and stick a siggy on it.

You know the Flume boats etc....

It's gonna be great when the buyers pay by Paypal, collect, then claim that they never received the item, isn't it! Easy money on those signs if you were a scammer. The boats are a pain in the arse, but I could definitely see someone doing a dodgy one on the signs, especially for the silly money they're now going for. Just saying.

It would take the lowest of the lowest scum for someone to pull a scam like that, as all profits are going to Merlin Magic Wand Charity, which helps disadvantage children

If you think that Ebay will accept a receipt from anything other than a registered postal company, you'd probably be whistling in the wind. If I was to make my own receipt today and buy one of those boats, Ebay/Paypal would not recognize the receipt. Anyone could print one and stick a siggy on it.

Yes Ebay/Papal won't get involved with anything other than a receipt from a registered postal company, but there are other routes that they can go down to reclaim the money, including contacting the police as this will become a police matter. I'm sure that they will have to sign something and I'm also sure that the park is full of CCTV cameras too as evidence to who collected the item.

It would take the lowest of the lowest scum for someone to pull a scam like that, as all profits are going to Merlin Magic Wand Charity, which helps disadvantage children

With some scammers on Ebay, that could almost be their tagline :)

Yes Ebay/Papal won't get involved with anything other than a receipt from a registered postal company, but there are other routes that they can go down to reclaim the money, including contacting the police as this will become a police matter. I'm sure that they will have to sign something and I'm also sure that the park is full of CCTV cameras too as evidence to who collected the item.

Actually, the CCTV cameras with regards to vehicles is a good point. I doubt that the cops would be too bothered about another Ebay scam, but you're right, with the CCTV evidence they would have to do something.

Edit - I'll have to get the fake licence plates out again by the looks of it! Free petrol that way too :) Only bloody joking, I don't hang around with people who do that anymore!

Anyone got a Scarefest pin badge they wanna sell me? I was working the weekend and I've just been in the shop and they're already sold out. Apparently they only had 5 boxes and they went really fast. Will give you an extra couple of quid plus postage.... :)

We purchased one yesterday, perhaps I should have purchased several and put them on Ebay :mad:

Sorry but I'm sure if I sell it to you for a million pounds, Jess will still kill me ;)