• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers/Merlin Typos & Grammatical Errors

“But AI will revolutionise everything”
Unfortunately it will and not in ways that we want. A web designer can now push a button, already, and with a simple prompt get some passable copy. You no longer need the copywriter and the proof reader, 6 - 12 months and the content generated will be much better. Heck the story I posted earlier today was really not that bad. 12 months after that and the web designer won't even need a coder anymore, they can upload a sketch to Gemini/GPT and have a fully coded web page built.

AI will streamline everything, like it or not (I don't particularly). Think of where we were 12 months ago, the first widespread conversations about ChatGPT were being had, the leaps and bounds in the tech that have been made in that time is pretty unfathomable.

I wonder if this is descending into an AI discussion rather than an ATR / Merlin typo and grammatical error thread...?

Happy for you all to move this into Corner Coffee if you would like :)!

I wonder if this is descending into an AI discussion rather than an ATR / Merlin typo and grammatical error thread...?

Happy for you all to move this into Corner Coffee if you would like :)!
I suppose AI is more than likely to crop up again, especially as I can see parks taking up the perceived creative benefits of it. I'm sure they're already using task specific methods with image, video and audio content.

To be fair, they are referring to it in the future tense in that above extract, so "will be able to" makes sense, in my view.
'be able to' is usually superfluous and is often not needed. Like how 'to be able to' can usually be subbed with 'to' and 'will be able to' can be subbed with can. It's just using four words when one will do.

I've just noticed two more, also related to our good friend Bluey.

Firstly, I noticed this one on Facebook earlier:
IMG_1702.jpeg
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't "for real life" either be "for real" or "in real life"? To me, "for real life" doesn't seem to make grammatical sense.

This is an extremely pedantic one, but I also noticed a missing apostrophe on the aforementioned page advertising the hotel room:
Alton Towers Bluey Page Typo.png
Shouldn't "Artists impression only" be "Artist's impression only"?

‘For real life’ is a phrase from Bluey, hence its use :)
Ah, sorry... I wasn't aware of that! It didn't seem to make grammatical sense to me, so I thought it was another typo, but if it is an actual phrase from the show, that makes more sense!

That proves just how out of touch I clearly am with modern children's TV... I had no idea what Bluey even was until Alton Towers announced it was coming to CBeebies Land!

'be able to' is usually superfluous and is often not needed. Like how 'to be able to' can usually be subbed with 'to' and 'will be able to' can be subbed with can. It's just using four words when one will do.

I'll defend them on this one - they are understandably keen to make it clear early on that guests can't do this particular thing yet, as in, if they visit this weekend. Otherwise you can bet someone will accuse them of false advertising.