• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Oktoberfest 2020

First new special event at the park since 2007.

Extended opening hours for most of September adding 2 or 3 hours to the day compared to the last few seasons.

LIVE entertainment outside of CBeebies Land for the first time in 5 years.

New food and drink options.

No upcharge or additional ticket cost for day visitors or passholders.

...but sure just find reasons to hate on it before anything has even been seen.

It's an event. Music, entertainment, food, drinks. The kind of thing we've been saying the park have needed for years.

People have moaned for years that the park don't make any effort. Now people are moaning when they do make an effort. What gives?

It's an event. Music, entertainment, food, drinks. The kind of thing we've been saying the park have needed for years.

People have moaned for years that the park don't make any effort. Now people are moaning when they do make an effort. What gives?

Who is moaning?

I'd just like to know the selection of rides as well. Get hammered and doing some coasters is good, opening a couple of flat rides and serving warm alcohol less so

You are, pal.

:)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Am I? Could you kindly point to where I moaned. I'm struggling to see it.

I made a comment about drinking beer won't entice day trippers due to the need to drive home. Not moaning at all. I think that's a perfectly valid observation.

I'm glad they are putting this event on. It's a nice idea and it will probably boost hotel guests for them.

Oktoberfest will be interesting when the travelling community find out about it & visit en-masse catching Towers unaware. (It will happen). The day in question will certainly not be family friendly - more like total carnage as alcohol will be on sale.

I remember well what Easter Sundays used to be like back in the early 2000's when I worked there (before Towers stopped serving alcohol on that day, sorry, made it "family friendly" to be PC). Total carnage was a fair description.

Oktoberfest will be interesting when the travelling community find out about it & visit en-masse catching Towers unaware. (It will happen). The day in question will certainly not be family friendly - more like total carnage as alcohol will be on sale.

I remember well what Easter Sundays used to be like back in the early 2000's when I worked there (before Towers stopped serving alcohol on that day, sorry, made it "family friendly" to be PC). Total carnage was a fair description.
TLM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true.

I don't think they would pay to go into Alton Towers for some over priced beer.

They would not be there for the beer. When the word spreads amongst their community that there is a big meet-up many of them - particularly the younger ones - want to attend as it is a possible place to meet a future husband/wife. (If you have seen "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" on Channel 4 (I think it was C4), you'll know what I mean.

As to the overpriced beer, this would not bother them too much as they have a different relationship than most of us with the Inland Revenue.

Some *slightly* better artwork has appeared on Facebook.

Beer, Laderhosen, Oompah, Wicker man, laughing and pointing into nothingness... what more do you want?

118006593_3167184543334660_93388627704274067_o.jpg

Tower really need entertainment so I think its got potential to be an enjoyable event. The Christmas markets at DLP was a great addition that added lots of atmosphere and increase the amount of decent food offerings.

I hope they do get outside catering at the booths because well I eat at Eastern Express or bring a back lunch to Towers. Nothing wrong with them bringing in companies that know what they are doing food wise instead of making a mess of it themselves.

Following the release of this wonderfully produced no expense spared Oktoberfest promotional image:

Oktoberfest.jpg

I can exclusively reveal the first look at the bratwursts that will be on offer at Alton Towers:

Bratwurst.jpg

Who ever came up with some of those towers promo arts need sacking! It’s almost like they would be better with no images rather than a imagine of some kids having a hot dog and donuts in Forbidden valley. I can only assume the marketing budget for this is zero.

It will be interesting to see how this and Thorpe Park compare. I assume they’ll both just have an external company in to provide the food and drink and entertainment,