• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Oktoberfest 2020

If I were a teacher, I'd grade that as being so low, it wouldn't even be a Z-. It's that bad. How on earth is it promoting Oktoberfest in any way? The Photoshopping of the logo into the background looks so out of place, and I'm baffled as to how doughnuts represent Oktoberfest in any way.

The sad thing is someone at Towers thought those photos were good!
Guess the “it’s better than nothing” attitude is still the benchmark

It’s almost like using no image would be better than using these god awful images. I assume the marketing budget is zero if this is what’s being produced.

do we have any idea where this event is happening? I would assume courtyard, or maybe the front lawns if they are having some tents.

Not going to lie, I genuinely thought those "marketing" images that have been on this thread were made by an enthusiast as a joke, and the members posting them were in on it. But I've just seen that image on the Alton Towers Facebook page, and I cannot believe they really are their official marketing images o_O I'm lost for words....

FmMUS5p.png

Hope this lands me a job on the marketing team!

Not going to lie, I genuinely thought those "marketing" images that have been on this thread were made by an enthusiast as a joke, and the members posting them were in on it. But I've just seen that image on the Alton Towers Facebook page, and I cannot believe they really are their official marketing images o_O I'm lost for words....
Sorry, Photoshoptoberfest is entirely Towers' own work. :p

Very little coming out of ATR about this event.

Thorpe, whilst much later to announce theirs, are all over it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Very little coming out of ATR about this event.

Thorpe, whilst much later to announce theirs, are all over it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

although so far all I’ve seen from Thorpe is that they are adding cherry sauce to ice cream for a Black Forest donut sundae.

Had an email from Alton Towers yesterday advertising Oktoberfest. Perhaps marketing will pick up over the next few days.

It does appear that the Alton Towers marketing team have been obliterated since the start of Covid-19. The quality of the stuff they've been putting out is what you might expect from somewhere more on the scale of Twinlakes.