• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers ride pronunciation

Rubber Dingy Rapids.

If you have heard Rita pronounced 'Rata' then perhaps it is a Yorkshire person thinking the name is pronounced as 'writer', which in most Yorkshire dialects would be 'rarter' or similar...

Rubber Dingy Rapids.

If you have heard Rita pronounced 'Rata' then perhaps it is a Yorkshire person thinking the name is pronounced as 'writer', which in most Yorkshire dialects would be 'rarter' or similar...
No unfortunately it wasn't. It was someone I know who genuinely thought it was called Rata.
Rubber Dingy Rapids? Where on earth did they get that from?

No unfortunately it wasn't. It was someone I know who genuinely thought it was called Rata.
Rubber Dingy Rapids? Where on earth did they get that from?
Apparently Rubber Dinghy Rapids comes from some film... I can't remember which one, but it wasn't one I'd heard of prior to being told about the reference.
EDIT: Looks like @Tom beat me to it with a far more precise answer...

Reactions: Tom
I haven’t really heard anyone mispronounce any Towers ride names myself, but I’ve heard a fair few people say Spinball Wizard instead of Spinball Whizzer if that counts?
I’m guilty of this back in 2004

Splash landings is the hotel NOT the water park.

I’m guilty of this back in 2004

Splash landings is the hotel NOT the water park.

Good point, but given that the hotel lobby is baking hot, humid and reeks of chlorine you could be forgiven for getting the two mixed up!