• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Trip Planning Questions and Discussion

Hi - visiting this Saturday with some friends. Having done my research I have strongly suggested we all take packed lunches!

Does anyone know if the Galactica entrance is open to those not staying in the hotels? Basically would we be able to leave stuff in the car and then retrieve it via the Galactica entrance and go back in?

Or would it make more sense getting a locker, or just carry stuff around with us all day?

Any tips appreciated!

(also is Hex just closed permanently now? :( )

Park in express and take a huge posh picnic.
Eat it in the shade, on the car park, with a nice beer in a real glass, sat on the rocks by the big chestnut tree.
Loos on the way back in, lovely restful break.

If you exit via the Galactica gate and get your hand stamped, you will be allowed to re-enter that way. I did this a few weeks ago, it was around mid-afternoon at the time.

Hex is not permanently closed, it's just having long term technical issues.

Hi All,

Just a quick one, it's going to be a complete washout tomorrow and we're due to goto alton towers. We're hoping to change the date to Sunday instead online. Whilst doing so on the website, it's allowing me to change two of the "Paid" tickets but not allowing me to change the ones which arent labelled as kelloggs 2-4-1.
Any idea's?

I've tried live chat but they've gone home!

IMG_5500.jpgIMG_5501.jpg

Sorry, I think all you can do is try tomorrow morning. Unfortunately you are not covered by the rainy day guarantee for the Kellogg's tickets so you couldn't claim on that tomorrow.

When do the traveller community normally attend Scarefest? I’m loooing at booking some tickets this October but don’t want to pick the wrong weekend!

When do the traveller community normally attend Scarefest? I’m loooing at booking some tickets this October but don’t want to pick the wrong weekend!
It's usually the Sunday of the weekend around the middle of the month, so my guess for this year is Sunday 15th. Don't hold me to that though!

It's usually the Sunday of the weekend around the middle of the month, so my guess for this year is Sunday 15th. Don't hold me to that though!
Sunday 8th is gentleman's day at uttoxer race course which I think that's the day the farthers go to the horse races and the rest of the family go to Alton towers if I'm not wrong?

Sunday 8th is gentleman's day at uttoxer race course which I think that's the day the farthers go to the horse races and the rest of the family go to Alton towers if I'm not wrong?
Could be that, I think it’s around the first weekend of Scarefest but wasn’t sure

Yeah it does usually tie in with the races, I'm only speaking from past experiences of being there around the 15th and it being 'family' day. If the races are on the 8th then maybe it will be that instead. But I'm sure some years there were no races advertised at the racecourse but they were still at the park.

Trying to work out if its worth doing the fireworks this year, we haven't been to AT since before the pandemic. Would be £174 for two nights at Uttoxeter Premier Inn, then there are no discounts on tickets that day so its £41 each for the Sunday, plus petrol. So probably close to £300 for two nights away to spend the one day at the park with some meals etc.

Trying to work out if its worth doing the fireworks this year, we haven't been to AT since before the pandemic. Would be £174 for two nights at Uttoxeter Premier Inn, then there are no discounts on tickets that day so its £41 each for the Sunday, plus petrol. So probably close to £300 for two nights away to spend the one day at the park with some meals etc.
I'd say definitely yes, as - and I'm sure you've seen on YouTube - the last couple of displays have been fantastic and well worth it, and no video does it justice. I've just found Travelodges up to about £50 cheaper than that Premier Inn (I've assumed 2 adults & 2 kids in one room for Sat & Sun night) depending on how far you want to travel from Towers. The Sunday should be quieter anyway because it's a school day the next day for most.

And £41 for a 11 hour day at a theme park and a firework display that many say is better than Disney I think is a bargain! Especially when other firework displays may charge anywhere up to £20 a ticket for an inferior show.

I'd say definitely yes, as - and I'm sure you've seen on YouTube - the last couple of displays have been fantastic and well worth it, and no video does it justice. I've just found Travelodges up to about £50 cheaper (I've assumed 2 adults & 2 kids in one room for Sat & Sun night) depending on how far you want to travel from Towers. The Sunday should be quieter anyway because it's a school day the next day for most.

And £41 for a 11 hour day at a theme park and a firework display that many say is better than Disney I think is a bargain! Especially when other firework displays may charge anywhere up to £20 a ticket for an inferior show.

Its just two adults, but yes the Sunday at the Premier Inn is about £50, its the Saturday night before thats £120. I've had mixed stays in travelodge so tend to prefer Premier Inn. Not sure there is a travelodge as close to AT anyway compared to the Premier Inn.

But yes, with it being four years since we last went and the quality of the fireworks display it does feel like it probably would be worth it.

We would often go to Festival of Fireworks at Catton Hall, thats £24 per adult for four 10-20 minute firework displays, also organised by Jubilee Fireworks so yes the AT price is comparable just for the fireworks. Skipping that this year for similar reasons.

Its just two adults, but yes the Sunday at the Premier Inn is about £50, its the Saturday night before thats £120. I've had mixed stays in travelodge so tend to prefer Premier Inn. Not sure there is a travelodge as close to AT anyway compared to the Premier Inn.

But yes, with it being four years since we last went and the quality of the fireworks display it does feel like it probably would be worth it.

We would often go to Festival of Fireworks at Catton Hall, thats £24 per adult for four 10-20 minute firework displays, also organised by Jubilee Fireworks so yes the AT price is comparable just for the fireworks. Skipping that this year for similar reasons.
That's fair enough, the nearest Travelodge is Ashbourne. Checked again and Stafford central is £96, Newcastle Under Lyme is £130 both around 15 miles away. I've stayed in both and they've been fine. I've even stayed at the Burton ones on the A38 and those are £88.

Yeah definitely worth going based on the last 2 years; they've really upped their game with the quality of the presentation. And hopefully [more] drones again this year too, although I hope they are additional to the budget rather than replacing some of the fireworks!

I wonder if there'll be another announcement from the Phalanx at the end of the Sunday night's show like last year?

Hello, we’re coming to Towers mid October for Scarefest. When we arrive, we’re going to spend the afternoon in the water park before exploring the park for the next few days. We’re annual visitors to the park but never to the water park - my question is, what is it like for someone who wears glasses and absolutely needs them to see? Contacts are out of the question due to water, so am I allowed to wear glasses in the water park/on slides? Do I need to get a strap to secure them? Thank you!

I am confused on how the fireworks days work?

If I use the prebook portal on the merlin site I can get in for free with my MAP but on the towers website it says the passholder tickets are £25??? are the fireworks included with park entry, the same goes for normal tickets since my family are coming too

I am confused on how the fireworks days work?

If I use the prebook portal on the merlin site I can get in for free with my MAP but on the towers website it says the passholder tickets are £25??? are the fireworks included with park entry, the same goes for normal tickets since my family are coming too
If you have a Platinum Pass, then you have entry to the park providing you make a prebook on the MAP portal. If you have a Gold or Silver pass, you'll need to purchase the upgrade ticket that you mentioned is on the Towers website. Discovery pass holders are not eligible for the upgrade ticket and have to purchase standard admission. You can find all this laid out in the resort's FAQs :)

Posts also moved to the Trip Planning Questions topic

If you have a Platinum Pass, then you have entry to the park providing you make a prebook on the MAP portal. If you have a Gold or Silver pass, you'll need to purchase the upgrade ticket that you mentioned is on the Towers website. Discovery pass holders are not eligible for the upgrade ticket and have to purchase standard admission. You can find all this laid out in the resort's FAQs :)

Posts also moved to the Trip Planning Questions topic
i assume my merlin family and friend\share the fun vouchers are not valid on these days?