• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers: Your Favourite Part

To be fair Nemmychick, I'm giving it quite a lot of stick at the moment, I have however been visiting for many years and Merlin have made some very poor decisions that are affecting the park.

I obviously don't want this thread to go that way, and there is much to praise, but very little of what is to praise, is thanks to Merlin. Those accolades mostly go to prior management and dedicated wonderful staff.

It's only fair, these things are raised and discussed, as certain aspects of the park are being taken advantage of, and arguably run into the ground. I don't agree with all the criticism, and in my case, it's mainly aimed straight at Merlin - where it is most certainly deserved, as in my opinion, they are fortunate to be able custodians of, and make a profit from, a place with far, far more history and provenance than they can bring to the table.

Brief interjection lol!

As you were troops ;D

TheMan said:
To be fair Nemmychick, I'm giving it quite a lot of stick at the moment, I have however been visiting for many years and Merlin have made some very poor decisions that are affecting the park.

I obviously don't want this thread to go that way, and there is much to praise, but very little of what is to praise, is thanks to Merlin. Those accolades mostly go to prior management and dedicated wonderful staff.

It's only fair, these things are raised and discussed, as certain aspects of the park are being taken advantage of, and arguably run into the ground. I don't agree with all the criticism, and in my case, it's mainly aimed straight at Merlin - where it is most certainly deserved, as in my opinion, they are fortunate to be able custodians of, and make a profit from, a place with far, far more history and provenance than they can bring to the table.

Brief interjection lol!

As you were troops ;D

OK, I do agree with you,
M£rlin do deserve it =P

Hahahaha! :D

Hang on, someone just agreed with me.

You may want to delete that post Nemmychick! ;D

CHOOO CHOOO!!!!!

I forgot that ;D

That's a classic, I know of no other theme park with it's own catch phrase coaster hahaa.

Great example of fantastic staff again :)

Well done Thomas, great suggestion. And hey dude, there is nothing controversial about the things we find best about Towers. Other threads ha-ha, maybe - here noooooo!

We kool man, we kool!

The staff, all the small comments (especially in Towers Trading I've noticed) of "how was your day?" Or "Have you ridden such and such? What did you think of it?" etc... all make a huge difference.

The Gardens, personally my favourite feature is the pagoda :) A day at the Towers isn't a day at the Towers without a nice stroll to/from Dark Forest to/from Forbidden Valley, for me anyway.

For my third reason I would like to say Nemesis, but at the moment it is just... Well, the giant Nemmy crab needs a bath... and some plastic surgery. That alien has really let it's self go. So I'm going to say the Towers themselves. I just have a thing for Gothic architecture... not something many 15 year olds say :D But to be honest, the Towers is what makes the whole place for me.

The view from the cable car in autumn - amazing colours on the trees.

Going on a day when its not as busy as expected. The last friday of school term this year was great. Most school tips had finished the day before and summer holidays not started yet, meaning lovely small queues. Perfect.

Nemesis

The excitement and anticipation of walking down Towers Street on a brisk March morning.
Nemesis.
Pizza Pasta when you're starving.

Walking down Towers Street after a long closed season, and seeing the beautiful Towers ahead of you. Bliss.

Relaxing on the lawn during the summer (when we eventually get it), and taking in the surroundings without rushing around to up your ride count.

The staff that hold a conversation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1) My three favourite rides (Nemesis, Sub Terra & Oblivion).
2) The sentimental value I have for the place.
3) The Towers & The Gardens.

There is much to love about the place - loving reading them.

Anyone who doubts why this community is here, can check this thread, regardless of how much we may gripe against the other stuff.

Thanks guys for all the input so far

;D

Oblivion multiple times in a row.
Increasing (finger) muscle mass on Duel.
The general feeling it negates with dramatic tunes and pleasant staff and exceptional facilities.