• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers: Your Favourite Part

TheMan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
NemiLerVion
It's been noted that there is a heightened negativity towards, well mainly Merlin, and the results upon Alton Towers.

So I thought I would create something different, and simple.

This is a place to simply list your 3 favourite things about our beloved park.

I'll start with mine.
The majority of ride ops, who are friendly, courteous and engaging.
The Towers themselves in their magnificent splendor.
SW7 marketing, mystery, and storyline.

Nemesis.
Oblivion.
The Towers.
Walking down Towers Street at the start of the day.

The entertainment team.
Air and Nemesis.
the view of the towers from towers street.

+ One of the best selections of coasters anywhere.
+ An amazing background and setting that has so much potential.

Nemesis- Always good fun!
Duel- I love beating everyones score!
Hex- Amazing! Also funny when I'm on with 1st time riders!
Th13teen- Don't kill me, but its a really fun ride! Especially with 1st time riders
The atmosphere, The Smells, the Laughter, the sound of coasters climbing up to the top
Getting back to the car, taking our shoes and socks off, and sticking our feet out the window for a few minutes, because of the pain of walking around all day!

Nemesis. Oblivion. The bars.

That is all. :p

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

The whole atmosphere around the park, and the staff; they've always been really cheerful & pleasant every single time I've been (unlike some other parks in the UK I've visited)

Nemesis, especially in the rain

The amazing scenery & getting as many pics as possible of it all every time I go.

The excitement of seeing all the rides on the monorail on the way in.

Forbidden Valley as a whole.

Hex's amazing atmosphere.

I agree with all of the posts so far, except "The Bars".

Not because I don't appreciate bars lol, but Tower's, rides and booze do not mix for me ha-ha!!

Nemmy/Blivvy et al are obvious reasons I love the towers, but I loved it before them so I cannot include them in my 3. The rides though are a given, they are on the whole fantastic :) I just went a bit leftfield in my suggestions I guess.

Genuinely though, SW7, most excited I've been about an SW so far! ;D

Nemesis
Oblivion (and X-Sector)
Air
Cariba Creek and Splash Landings
Towers Street
Katanga Canyon

1. I know it sounds cheesy, but the magic!
Towers have been given a lot of grief because 'the magic is fading', but, in my opinion, it has never started to fade at all!

2. All of the coasters. I honestly cannot choose which is my favourite! I love them all for different reasons.

3. The staff. They interact with the guests incredibly well, asking what we've been on, how we are and finishing off telling us to have a nice day. I just love them!

4. The theming. I love all areas of the park, TH13TEEN's theming is amazing, as well as Nemmy's and Blivvy's. Air's is awesome too...god, I can't choose!

So basically, I have no favourite part, because it is all amazing!

I reckon Towers deserves no more grief via certain people. Everyone can agree with me that a day out to Towers is absolutely wonderful.

The night before... because of the excitement of going (only go once or twice a year)
Scarefest - This was my first time this year and thought it was incredible.
Nemesis Sub Terra - Don't shoot me, but the tense feeling before the ride drops really gets me excited (not in that way!)