• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

American Adventure Park

The dog kennels thing is an interesting one. I never realised AA ran one, this must have been dropped in their later years, I don’t remember ever seeing (or hearing) kennels in the 00s.

Legoland used to have kennels too but this was shut down at least ten years ago. I think Oakwood might be the only UK park now to still offer kennel facilities.

No idea. But if you ever walked around the original entrance plaza, there were loads of buildings around there so can’t imagine space was an issue.

On another topic, does anyone remember, or have any photos of, the attraction called Way Back When? It was a museum about the park’s history which I think was only open in the park’s final season. It was located in the New Orleans (or New England) Mall in one of the mall’s many unused buildings.

No idea. But if you ever walked around the original entrance plaza, there were loads of buildings around there so can’t imagine space was an issue.

On another topic, does anyone remember, or have any photos of, the attraction called Way Back When? It was a museum about the park’s history which I think was only open in the park’s final season. It was located in the New Orleans (or New England) Mall in one of the mall’s many unused buildings.
Small shop, maybe a kiosk or something originally. Walls covered in old maps and printouts of stuff - some of it from a TTF member's Fotopic pages, showing the evolution of the railway.

The interesting stuff didn't show up until the auction.