• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Anticipated Albums 2013

Meat Pie

TS Member
This topic is for sharing which artists you are looking forward to hear from this year, and to make it more exciting, let's also discuss which unconfirmed albums you would like to see over the coming year.

I'm pretty ecstatic about the new album that is to be released by Thom Yorke (of Radiohead)'s side project, Atoms For Peace. We've already heard a single, 'Default', which has proved to be a very exciting, fantastically catchy but typically complex and twitchy. If the rest of the album is anything like this, I could seriously see it as a contender for my favourite album of the year and would definitely feature in my top ten.

Other albums that come to mind is the new Daft Punk LP which collaborator Nile Rodgers has hinted towards being released this year. I've also heard rumours of a new Avalanches album which might be interesting. Also there have been rumours of another BADBADNOTGOOD album, whose 2012 LP I put in my top ten of the year and I would be very keen to see if they could make another full length album so swiftly whilst maintaining their quality. I'd also like to see Immortal Technique's 'The Middle Passage' album released this year, but I don't see it happening till 2014.

And purely for wilful optimism and masochistic disappointment, I'd desperately like to believe Kraftwerk will finally release the album they claim to have been working on since their last 2003 LP.

Who do you want to hear from? :)

I've heard whispers and rumours of a new iron maiden Album which instantly ticks all the right boxes. In my mind they can do no wrong, there previous album was pure gold, not a bad song on it!

I'm also looking forward to the second hobbit movie soundtrack! I do love those middle earth soundtracks! They fill me with so much happiness! :)

Agreed Thom, very much looking forward to Amok. And I'll put some money on no new Kraftwerk album coming out next yeah if you like. ;)

Also strongly looking forward to Autechre's Exai in a few months. But most excited about the new My Bloody Valentine, their first since 1991. Going to see them in Manchester, so excited!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Paul Heaton (ex-Beautiful South, Housemartins) is supposed to be releasing a new solo album this year, I'm also hoping for a new Squeeze album on the back of last years tour.

The Defiled are releasing a live album :D

I would LOVE a new Rammstein album but that is unlikely :(

Wednesday 13 (Lead of the Murderdolls supergroup and Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13) is releasing an album which I will listen to before I buy.

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Another shout for Daft Punk here. Can't wait for them to get a new album out, and more importantly, gig again.

Also looking forward to the new Biffy Clyro album. The single I've heard off it sounds too pop but it's a double length album so there's bound to be some belting rock tracks on there.

Arcade Fire's new record should hopefully be just as good as their previous as well.

Blaze said:
Another shout for Daft Punk here. Can't wait for them to get a new album out, and more importantly, gig again.

Also looking forward to the new Biffy Clyro album. The single I've heard off it sounds too pop but it's a double length album so there's bound to be some belting rock tracks on there.

Arcade Fire's new record should hopefully be just as good as their previous as well.

Yes, Arcade Fire. The least underrated band ever.

Am I the only one who thinks they aren't as good as they are said to be, I mean, they're very good, but people are really lapping up to them. Funeral is great, but the Suburbs is much too repetitive for my liking, but people think the Suburbs is the next best thing.

Anyway, I'm not currently looking forward to any albums this year- you'll all have to convince me.

Seems like The Defiled are running through a new studio album at the moment.

Definitely on the list :D

Just heard AMOK by Atoms for Peace (aka. Thom Yorke's other band), and I think it's good. It's sort of like TKOL but with a more profound bass, so excellent beats and is much more listenable. Only given it one listen, so I can't name any stand-out songs, but they all sound good to me. Definitely give it a listen if you're a fan of Radiohead, but most of you probably have already. :p

It's so short it probably wasn't worth bumping the topic for but it seems that those lovely french robots are definitely gearing up towards a 2013 album. This is a short advert/teaser that was played during an episode of Saturday night live last night:

Daft Punk SNL ad [03-03-13]

I'm hoping that's new material playing there. Deffo sounds like something Daft Punk and Nile Rodgers would cook up. Looks like they are heading back in the direction of Discovery, funky, disco, house. <3 <3 <3 ;D

On the subject of Daft Punk, the new single 'Get Lucky' feat. Pharrell Williams will be released tomorrow. Absolutely buzzing for this, love the minute long teaser that's been floating around.

I'm also excited for Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age and The Black Keys.

Daggers is the title of The Defiled's new album. Should be good :D

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Danza91 said:
On the subject of Daft Punk, the new single 'Get Lucky' feat. Pharrell Williams will be released tomorrow. Absolutely buzzing for this, love the minute long teaser that's been floating around.

I'm also excited for Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age and The Black Keys.

And what a track that Daft Punk single is!!!