• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Any 'runners' out there?

Are you sporting tights there shakey?
I am. They only come out when it's really cold.

It was below zero and I didn't fancy travelling across London in just my shorts.

It's not much of a fashion statement but helped keep my legs warm.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I went for a lunchtime run today and ended up doing half marathon distance. It was a little bit drizzly when I started, but started absolutely tipping it down 5 minutes in... I don't think I've ever been so wet.

I managed to get a few PB's, but the 1:50 barrier is being ridiculously stubborn!

1000009298.jpg

I went for a lunchtime run today and ended up doing half marathon distance. It was a little bit drizzly when I started, but started absolutely tipping it down 5 minutes in... I don't think I've ever been so wet.

I managed to get a few PB's, but the 1:50 barrier is being ridiculously stubborn!

1000009298.jpg
Great running. If that's your time running on your own then you will be well under 1:50 doing a half marathon event. Running alongside a load of other people helps pull you along

Great running. If that's your time running on your own then you will be well under 1:50 doing a half marathon event. Running alongside a load of other people helps pull you along

Thanks. Organised races are great for the 'pull' effect. I had issues at road crossings, and closed and flooded pavements which caused delays too - in hindsight, these probably cost me 5-ish minutes. If I stopped te garmin I think I would have been well under the 1:50 target... but I don't believe in stopping the Garmin as I feel that it is like cheating!

I don't know if other people have similar experiences, but after my first few half marathons (years ago) my legs were done - to the extent it hurt to go up stairs and walked like a penguin. Now, I am a bit tired, and can feel my legs have had a work out, but I am nowhere near as bad as I was despite being 5+ years older.

I’ve lost my running mojo again. Dragged myself out twice over the last 2 weeks and didn’t enjoy either 5k run at all. Even treated myself to a warmer top as I was getting so cold but that hasn’t helped.

Really need the weather to pick up a bit in the next couple of weeks

I’ve lost my running mojo again. Dragged myself out twice over the last 2 weeks and didn’t enjoy either 5k run at all. Even treated myself to a warmer top as I was getting so cold but that hasn’t helped.

Really need the weather to pick up a bit in the next couple of weeks
The weather has been shocking. I went for a 10/ 15k yesterday lunchtime. I gave up after 8k - it felt like running in treacle. And living by the sea - I had half the beach in my hair, and my face was scarlet having been sandblasted.

Roll on summer!