• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Application Period is Over For Beta Testing Frontiers Theme Park Game

Sorry... but I knew there won't be an RCT4... so I have no disappointment! :p

It's one of those things that won't happen... no idea why but devs have no interest in the game.

For anyone interested, there's now a petition for RCT4! :p

Edit: According to the folks at Frontier, this game is the first of a series of small games that Frontier are testing with features that they need feedback on which they want to put into the next RCT game (or whatever it may be called). This first game is testing the way you build roller coasters (which doesn't look half bad). Don't give up on them just yet!

That does look very disappointing, I just hope the PC version looks better. I know they said this wasn't going to be RCT4 or anything like that but I was hoping for a little more. Something that was at least realistic. Oh well, hope they can do something good with this game.

:)

What's wrong with releasing a tool that uses the coaster builder in RCT with many more options? It'd do me fine. :p

They say it will be for the next RCT game (or whatever it may be known as), but I wouldn't be hopeful because there's a big chance that they'll just leave it at mini games for smartphones rather than combine everything into a new PC game.

Apparently this is now out for Apple Devices:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/coaster-crazy/id561451269?mt=8

Coasters! Pandas! Zombies! Cheerleaders! Explosions! From the creators of RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 and LostWinds® comes a rollercoaster game unlike any other, starring little old ladies, mad scientists, the undead, accountants, queasy guys, extra-terrestrial visitors, and …er… sheep.

Simply trace your finger over the touchscreen to build and tweak any coaster you can imagine, in glorious 3D. Its so easy to do that anyone can build them, ride them, crash them - tall, short, long and fast; modern, wooden & crazy. The physics simulation is easy and fun to use, yet rewards each bit of care put into improving your coasters with ever higher scores.

Coaster Crazy takes you on a journey around the world (and to the moon) to build a cash-making coaster empire with ever-more insane creations. Unlock more special pieces, coaster cars and track types that let you earn even more cash and gems, and meet the fiendish challenges posed by the Crazy characters in the game.

They are demanding customers:
- Can you make your coaster fast enough to get the speed freak surfing with delight?
- Can you keep G-forces low enough to prevent the Professor’s Nitro Glycerin from exploding?
- Can you beat a coaster score before the zombie starts infecting other passengers?
- Can you do that all at the same time?
- And what will happen to the little old lady if your ride is too intense?
- And then there’s the Mayor. Alien. King. Policeman. Queasy guy. Accountant. And sheep..

Thread your coasters through themed scenery and design custom paint-jobs to create the ride of a lifetime – and then upload to share with your friends and the world! See how your creations stack up on the Coaster Crazy global leaderboards, and earn achievements. When yours are downloaded by others, you’ll earn in-game currency.

Or you could just mess around to your heart’s content in the coaster-building ‘sandbox’.

And if Coaster Crazy’s oodles of gameplay isn’t enough for you, each day there’s a fresh challenge that you can take part in to earn worldwide kudos - and gems!

No sheep were harmed in the making of this game. But the queasy guy really wasn’t happy.

Coaster Crazy offers in-app purchase of gems and cash, which can be used to unlock content and accelerate gameplay.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/coas...561451269?mt=8

Saw this on the app store last night whilst I was having a browse. I almost downloaded it, until I looked at the screenshots close up...it doesn't look that great at all if I'm being honest ???

From what I've heard it is actually a fair bit more advanced than it looks but as I have an Android there's no way I can try it out.

Downloaded a few hours ago, and i really like it. The gameplay is pretty easy once you get the hand of it and it's well fun! :)

Can someone tell me if there is an iPad version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I was surprised, I don't think it would work on iPhone 3GS! Anyway, I think it's great as there's the Sandbox mode for designing and recreating and also the mission mode as a more casual thing. Great game! :)

mrbrightside said:

The version I was looking at was an iPad version.

mrbrightside said:

Yep, i have been playing it on my iPad! Its great!

Its a really fun game! I think the sandbox is a great idea, however I'm happy playing in game mode & earning! I'm on it atm, I'm not the best, but if I were to upload my score for the 1st rollercoaster you make, I'd be 2nd! (I just can't upload it- it won't let me!)

After initial doubts about this game being any good, I love it! ;D

The art style does look cheesy in preview images, etc - but once you play it you soon see you are wrong. I really like the new style of designing/making coasters.

The only thing I don't like is how long 'obtaining land rights' takes, very early on in the game. (If you've got the game, you'll know what I mean by that.)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out on PC, and if the game involves more than what it does already.

The art style is very cartoon like but the actual substance in the game is good. Whilst the game obviously relies on the 'freemium' fad that is mobile gaming - it is actually a nice piece of kit that holds promise for a future and possibly expanded PC release.