• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Application Period is Over For Beta Testing Frontiers Theme Park Game

Re: Frontier wants Beta Testers for their new Theme Park game

Could it be the end of grid-based coasters? If it is then I will be immensely excited about it.

I heard about this a while back as the "spiritual successor" of RCT3. I really do hope it'll be something to please the majority of people who have been asking for RCT4 all these years.

Frontier wants Beta Testers for their new Theme Park game

*wets pants*

just singed up

Signed up.

This should be good :)

Would it be a crime to apply even though I've only owned RCT2 for a while and my two copies of RCT3 don't work? Surely others are more deserving or should I indulge myself?

no not really

I hope this isn't the end of the grid based system. I don't want the game to become as complicated as NoLimits - i.e. so difficult to use that it doesn't become fun.

What I want is more flexibility in the grid system (such as a piece that goes from steep down to shallow down in two spaces, rather than one) and loads of new pieces of track to play with.

Also the two features I most desperately want: hotels and dark rides please! :D

Stelios said:
Would it be a crime to apply even though I've only owned RCT2 for a while and my two copies of RCT3 don't work? Surely others are more deserving or should I indulge myself?

I am also very much considering applying but wondering if it's morally wrong to join a discussion forum just for the purposes of trying to get a Beta test.

Whilst I have played quite a bit of RCT3, I was never a huge fan of it being very much of the old school that prefers the look of the 2D games. The only real advantage it had over 1 and 2 was that you could ride the rides but compared to the likes of NoLimits and even the much older Theme Park World, this aspect of it was pretty terrible.

However, it looks like this game is an effort to sort this out. I just hope that it is a true spiritual successor to the RCT franchise and doesn't go all stupid and cartoony.

I've just applied. :)

I do hope to test the Beta as it is really fun!

It's great to see that they're making another game based on rollercoasters!
Let's hope it's better than RCT3!

Sorry for my stupidity, but what are PC Specs?

Thanks!

They are gigantic glasses for your computer.

No, it means specification as in the amount of RAM, the processor, hard drive size ect.

Thank you!

Why Frontier do you announce this the day I go away! Definitely signing up when I get back. And I live right next to their offices so might try and find out a bit more if I can.

Just entered. I hope that everyone will get a go because a lot of people seem to be applying! :)

I know it doesn't really make sense, but I kinda hope this game is called Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 and not some new title. Just for ol' times sake.

Sam said:
I know it doesn't really make sense, but I kinda hope this game is called Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 and not some new title. Just for ol' times sake.
I see where you are coming from and now Rollercoaster Tycoon is a brand and it has a good reputation so it should stay :)

Poison Tom 96 said:
Sam said:
I know it doesn't really make sense, but I kind of hope this game is called Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 and not some new title. Just for ol' times sake.
I see where you are coming from and now Rollercoaster Tycoon is a brand and it has a good reputation so it should stay :)

Sadly I don't think Frontier have a choice in the mater. Atari own the brand. By publishing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D it means they still own all rights to it (rights only last a certain length of time). If Atari are not publishing the new RCT then Frontier will not be able to use the name.